Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 04-07-2009, 11:00 PM
vBench

Panzerjäger I - Dragon 6230

The model is a small wonder, from the point of view of the molding: perfect parts, almost invisible seam lines, very good match, decals to choose between 3 schemes in east and 2 in Africa, etc
On the dark side … too many parts, some veeeery small, as you will see in the photos and some mistakes in the instructions (again )

The part that is to me tedious in any model is the the wheels, so I took advantage of a february sunny Sunday to cutt and sand them, while the fire take care of the roast, the garlic sausages, blood sausages and "chinchulines" (cows intestins)

First problem: in Step 1 the instructions show that the axis A10 must be introduced in holes that there is not in hull Although they would be, they do not match with those of the pieces A12 and A9. In short, or we make the holes or we cut the axis and we stuck and it on the inside (my choice)

In Step 3, before sticking A14 frontal I dry-fitted the H1 part, to assure its propper position

The lower part of the hull is full of screws, that I used to detail the missing ones in the interior

I jumpi to Steps 15 and 16, to see if really it is justified to mount all the parts of the transmission and brakes, that I suspect will be invisible once the main gun was mounted. The devilish little gun , with its miserable 47 mm of caliber, consists of SIXTY PIECES! Some are very, very fragile, so take care when cutting them of the tree or during sanding

Observe the size of the tiny part F27 (in the pic, over 58 number) ….IT MEASURES 1 mm! To the left, part 42, also very small, are VERY IMPORTANT, along with F 8, 19, 58 and 59, since they will determine the angle of the tube, and can not be left unglued

Tired of handle small parts, I returned to Step 4: the position of the D4 part is not very clear, so, I first mounted the parts of the motor, Step 10, whose pieces will determine the correct angle of the D4

Some parts of the interior

Dry fitting of some parts

That's all for today

Best regards

Darío
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2009, 11:29 PM
vBench

Hey I'm starting one of these tonight myself! Well it's planetPanzerjager 1B

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-08-2009, 06:43 AM
vBench

Nice start...
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-08-2009, 01:20 PM
vBench

nice kit
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-08-2009, 02:17 PM
vBench

WOOOOOOwwww, this is a REAL BARBECUE!

Dario,

Nice start and KILLER barbecue. I love these grilled chorizos...

This kit is on my top 10 wish list!

Best,
Cadu Souza
Feel us shift, every move we trace
Hunt you down without mercy
Hunt you down all nightmare long
Luck. Runs!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-10-2009, 08:18 PM
vBench

Thanks guys! This kit is boring, all parts fit togheter well, no flashes, almost no visible ejector pin marks....I miss Italeri kiiiits!!!

Just kidding

1) I got some questions for you: what is the position on part W5, (the glass position regulator) when the visor is OPEN?

2) All 605 PzJg Abt vehicles has the H13/16 parts? And part 29 or 30?

Thanks!!

Darío
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-11-2009, 01:15 PM

If I understand your question the handle of part W5 should be centered about half way down when the visor is open.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2009, 11:52 AM
vBench

Thanks Tom; I think that too, but....it will be in the vision line of the driver
Anyway...I hope it will be not visible from exterior

Cheers

Darío
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2009, 07:50 PM
vBench

Here is a pretty clear shot of how the real thing looks- I don't really think the DML one is too bad but there is room for improvement! They don't seem to include the vision block unfortunately.

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2009, 10:21 PM
vBench

Thanks James, now I can see. I think the horizontal bar must go down Nop, it just turn and the 2 L shaped bar moves forward

Well, more troubles: Dragon states that is a radio set on the left armored sheet of the casemate, but in Nuts & Bolts (the old, Nº 7) and Wydaw.Mil. 144 there is not pics of that radio or is attachment points. The N&B 7, page 5, say it carries a Funksprechgerat a, but don't say where it is located.

And, BTW Dragon states the old Pz I antenna trough must be glued in its original place, so...the Pz Jg still has the Pz I Fu 2?

The vehicle I've choiced is one of the 605 PzJg Abt. in Africa; I still don't know wich one

Thanks again

Darío

Last edited by panzerjager; 04-12-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Reply With Quote top