Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 03-08-2007, 06:43 AM
vBench

New Stuff

I think it was time to start a more prolific post than the Marder one!

Some books I ordered from RainbowTen: You all have heard about them.

Information regarding the Panther is a bit old; in the Panzer IV volume it would have been nice to include Panzerjägere variants built from it.

I received yesterday Gannon´s Israeli Sherman and I am waiting for Hunnicut´s Sherman, t-34 Mythical Weapon from RZM and, some tools from Germany.

You will more activity in this thread than in any other that I may create in the future!

Regards,

Antonio
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2007, 08:50 AM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
Nice book hauls!!!!!!! and still not done yet!

Laz

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2007, 10:29 AM
vBench

Antonio,

Good haul but that means that you will be spending the next weeks planning to build every single ausf of those vehicles I know I did

The Panther book is the 3rd reprint. Does anyone know what has been updated from the 2nd edition?

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2007, 11:16 AM
vBench

Note to self...order more books! I'm jealous.

Rick
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-08-2007, 01:46 PM
vBench

When I said:

You will more activity in this thread than in any other that I may create in the future!

It should be:

You will see more activity in this thread than in any other that I may create in the future!

Hi Larry. I used to stock plastic but have found books a better investment; I like reading more than modeling! There will always be a kit you would like to start, but books, there are not so many titles, and, they become difficult to find sooner. And, my father finds less frustrating to see me reading than just stocking plastic kits that he thinks I will never built!

Hi Lawrence. I bought the Panther title just to have the entire collection, but I find Panzertracts better. Yes, it is always inspiring to see new pictures; information opens the mind and imagination. Knowledge is in a certain way power, also just curiosity. I have a long queue of to make kits and I just want to finish some kits in order to start something completly different: no german, no WWI: Merkava IV and some russian/soviet tanks. Of course I still have some other germans to make

Rick... I know, I shouldn´t have started such a post, just couldn´t restrain myself. And, as other people do, I will follow!

Ordering from Japan makes the books not so expensive... in Europe they are over-priced, as most books/ magacines coming from Japan. Shipping cost is not cheap, not for an importer, not for me

Regards,

Antonio
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-01-2007, 11:07 AM
vBench

Even more books

There are three orders, one from RZM -USA- and the other from Amazon UK.

Alibris

RZM

Amazon UK

Not model kits for the moment, but something has been shipped from Hong Kong! Not much, and may be received after a trip to Sicily...
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-01-2007, 11:12 AM
vBench

Nice books.

That Third Reich book looks interesting. What is in it?
Old 04-02-2007, 02:20 AM
vBench

Hi Tamigawa, here you have a link to the publisher´s page:

http://www.afterthebattle.com/thrdrch.htm

I like After the Battle books as they have very interesting comparison pictures and solid text. This one is focused on monuments and buildings related to the Nazi era, explaining what happened there and which was their fate.

Amazon is the way to go as you may be able to get a 34% discount. I also got the Berlin one some months ago.

Kind regards,

Antonio
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2007, 02:32 AM
vBench

Antonio

Everybody says the Hunnicutt book is "THE" book to get. What do you think? I been debating about buying this book and would like to hear more opinions.

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2007, 04:17 AM
vBench

Hi Lawrence!

Well, I think it is the most-friendly reader book dealing with technical development I have read! You won´t find much small modifications and details regarding field work or different manufacturers, but more a general global history of the tank and Sherman chasis starting from almost the first projects after WWI. Pictures are nice, not so many in action and most are from public archives so you may already know them. Drawings are in 1/48, not much detail to be seen.

If you want to start a solid reference library it is a nice Sherman section start. But is very far of being a modeler´s reference such as Panzertracks or Achtung Panzer.

It deals more about engineering evolution than exterior details.
I really like the book, but would never pay more than 120 USD.

I have enjoyed the book! And may like to have some other titles from the author, but may be a bit overpriced.

In the near future I will try to get some hard to get Heimdal books, mostly in french but that can be found at nice prices if you dedicate time.

I didn´t know how to use the v-bench forum index... i thought that only those posts that appeared in the front page were active!

I will try to find time to see what you all have done, before or after Sicily!
Reply With Quote top