Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 12-15-2004, 10:58 PM

Here are some pictures of the hardcorpsmodels.com late production M4A3 Sherman turret master. It started out as the Italeri USMC Sherman turret, the shape has been corrected, the cast in cheek armor and other casting anomalies have been faithfully reproduced on the completely retextured and detailed turret. All of the casting numbers and marks have been added, various surface shapes were puttied and sanded to form. The small part attachment weld bead detail is horizontal layerd as it should be, and not the verticle llllllllllll "cake frosting" so common on most resin Sherman turrets.

A few minor points of detailing still need to be added, drain points, spot light points, etc. This will be done this weekend and the turret will be in rubber by Monday.

The turret will be included in the HCM USMC Sherman detail sets, "COED" will be released later this month and "Calcutta" in January, '05.

Also shown above is the beginings of a series of 1/35 "OIF" figures that we are doing for Warriors. We have several vehicle crews planned and over a dozen various "Ground Pounder" subjects.

Below we see start of the master hull pattern for a 1/35 scale "Kat-Su". A Japanese WWII amphibous cargo and troop carrier. This project was actually started back in 1993 by myself and "Master" tool and die man "Keith Glueck". We made several trips to the last surviving example of the "Kat-Su", to take photos and measurements. Keith and I got side tracked, changed careers, both relocated to different cities and he got married. So we just put the "Kat-Su" project on hold, recently Keith and I have been in contact and we both want to complete the project, so it's back on.

I don't know if we will release the Kat-Su as a commercial venture, but we will definately make molds of all of the master parts that we create and we will build our models from castings. I will post more on the project as it progresses.

More later.....
Reply With Quote top