Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Group Builds > Past Group Builds > Sturmgeschuetz Group Build (closed)

Sturmgeschuetz Group Build (closed) StuG III Ausf.G DML Smart Kit - PA Group Build

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 03:29 PM
vBench

Nice start on the build. As for Panzer Tracts, how is this volume? Does it cover variants and modifications and dates in depth, like the Panther volumes, or is it more limited coverage?
Old 02-13-2008, 04:38 PM
vBench

Send a message via Skype™ to AfRiKaKoRpS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan August View Post
Nice start on the build. As for Panzer Tracts, how is this volume? Does it cover variants and modifications and dates in depth, like the Panther volumes, or is it more limited coverage?
It covers variants and says about modifications. There as drawings there as well but I would say they are pretty basic when compared to other books I have. At the moment I have Panther G, Jagdpanther and Pz.38(t) as well and to be honest like the one about StuG the least. Maybe its just my impression but its least helpful to me when compared with other issues I have.

Chris

.................................................. ......

StuG III Ausf.G DML Smart Kit - Dec 1942 Production Initial StuG III G - Russia 1942/43 - PA Group Build
StuG IV DML Smart Kit - 2. Kompanie Panzerjäger-Abteilung Brandenburg /1. Jäger-Rgt. "Brandenburg" - Poland 1945

Old 02-15-2008, 05:29 PM
vBench

Czesc Chris,

John (Sticky) mentioned another shot of your vehicle. I can't recall if there is more but there is a shot of the other side of the Pz.Abt.103 vehicle
Regards - Andrew

Old 02-16-2008, 11:21 AM
vBench

Hello,

Nice start Krzysztof

I've got a little question - have you got shots of that StuG (#11?) in the background? It looks interesting for me, but basing only on this photo it's hard to say something about camouflage and modifications.

Thanks in advance.

Mateusz

Old 02-16-2008, 01:10 PM
vBench

Hell Andrew,
Thank you very much great picture but unfortunatelly its not the wehicle I am interested in. I belive this is the same StuG that is visable in the background of the photo I showed. As you said its StuG from from 3rd Panzer Grenadier Division, Abteilung 103. Look at the stowage and sourrounding buildings, think its same one as on my photo.

Mateusz its not #11, the descrition says that its a three-digit number (white outlined with red). As you have it photographed from both sides most modifications are visable so you could go for it in your project. I have picture of another StuG from this particular abteilung with #233? where it is clearly visable that it has single piece 80-mm thick front hull armor. That is what I want to determine in my #1024. Its from another Divison and another abteilund. I think I see some bolts there on the upper right part of the front plate. Anyone has any thoughts about it ?

Chris

StuG III Ausf.G DML Smart Kit - Dec 1942 Production Initial StuG III G - Russia 1942/43 - PA Group Build
StuG IV DML Smart Kit - 2. Kompanie Panzerjäger-Abteilung Brandenburg /1. Jäger-Rgt. "Brandenburg" - Poland 1945

Old 02-16-2008, 04:17 PM
vBench

Krzystof,

Thank you - I hoped that it is two-digit number. It seems to me that I won't build any particular vehicle

As for #1024 - as far as I can see there are bolts on the upper part of the front plate - so it would be 30mm additional plate instead of the single piece armour.

Mateusz

Old 02-16-2008, 04:22 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfRiKaKoRpS View Post
Thank you very much great picture but unfortunatelly its not the wehicle I am interested in. I belive this is the same StuG that is visable in the background of the photo I showed. As you said its StuG from from 3rd Panzer Grenadier Division, Abteilung 103. Look at the stowage and sourrounding buildings, think its same one as on my photo.
Chris
That's exactly what I was saying - " a shot of the other side of the Pz.Abt.103 vehicle"

Regards - Andrew
Old 02-18-2008, 03:38 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateusz Jonakowski View Post
Krzystof,

Thank you - I hoped that it is two-digit number. It seems to me that I won't build any particular vehicle

As for #1024 - as far as I can see there are bolts on the upper part of the front plate - so it would be 30mm additional plate instead of the single piece armour.

Mateusz
Mateusz just to be sure do you mean this:

Better safe than sorry

They look like bolts to me.

And while browsing through my pictures of German WW2 armor I came across some picture showing piles of Jagdpanther hulls at factory and that gave me the idea here is my version of hull pile in different stages for our project

Chris

Old 02-18-2008, 05:56 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfRiKaKoRpS
Mateusz just to be sure do you mean this: [...]
Yes - I'm sure that they're bolts. That's nice, because I think that bolted armour looks better

I see you already have glued the bolted armour plate, or is it just dry-fitted?

Mateusz

Old 02-19-2008, 05:42 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateusz Jonakowski View Post
Yes - I'm sure that they're bolts. That's nice, because I think that bolted armour looks better

I see you already have glued the bolted armour plate, or is it just dry-fitted?

Mateusz
Matuesz its glued already.
Anyway these three hulls are not a Photoshop joke
Hope to make second StuG for our project if I'll have enough time.

Chris

Closed Thread