Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > New Members, you must Post here first . Introduce yourself or just say hello.

New Members, you must Post here first . Introduce yourself or just say hello. Attention: Newly Registered Members (with a post count of 0), you must make a post in here first before the forum software lets you post in other forums (processing time takes up to an hour). This is to help reduce spambot activity in the other forums.

Old 12-23-2006, 08:47 AM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to Dragan Send a message via MSN to Dragan
Again out of time ! My name is Dragan and I'm from Croatia! 25 years old .. living with future wife ....Started modelling with 12 ...as resoult of mistake ..I got model instead of toy lol lol ! Preffering WWII axis armour but in last time i know to buy even large scale plane also axis wwII !
Unfortunately this year I started my own busines so modelling time 0- working time 1 .. u can see when was last update on my w bench !
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-11-2007, 11:19 AM

New guy on the planet

I just saw this, so maybe I should have posted here. My name is Tom and I'm building my first AFV model (sounds like an AA introduction...).

I'm an Engineer and History student. Any advice or tips on painting will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tom Sexton

Last edited by tjsexton; 01-11-2007 at 01:54 PM. Reason: I can't spell ;-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-11-2007, 04:24 PM
vBench

Thumbs up Never saw this thread 'fore...

Let's see, back at it after years off while trying to wreck my knees and such during a long and terrific Army career (not Armor - I prefer the comfort of the woodline). Googled model armor one day and found Missing-Lynx - the rest as they say, is History.

Still learning how to build and paint adequately - my interests are so wide that I am perpetually skipping from topic to topic (all in a WWII arena, though). Have crossed the pond for two Euro Mils, just to see the amazing art, and meet the great talents in this sport.

Have a wonderful wife and two daughters (8 and 9) one of which loves to build stuff and the other is the proud owner of the vBench skull project (more as a project manager than contributer).

I'm 46, love to play soccer, ski, hunt, pursue history, have been to all but one continent, and spend long hours going blind at the modelling bench.

PA membership? Again - I blame Stuke

Pablo sends

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-21-2007, 08:48 PM

Hello All

My name is Ed, and I am from Westerville, Ohio. I have been into model railroading since I was about 3 (seriously since 12). I drive 70 miles to go to the club I belong to. I have known the guys there since the early 80's, and they're like my family.

How did I get involved in armor? My cousin was/is an armor freak. I always was blown away with his work using paper mache, airbrush, etc... I lost touch with him when I was in high school. We reunited last year, and he was introduced to railroading. Well, I noticed that he was still doing armor, and I was still impressed with his work! Then, a hobby shop near me closed, and I thought, what the heck, I can get these Dragon kits for half price, who cares what I build. I called him on the cell from the hobby shop, and he said "they're good kits, but you won't build them in one day like your old snap tite."

Now, I also dabble in injection molding. We have a 75 ton Van Dorn, and a 15 ton Arberg. I know a little about fit and finish of molded products. We produce some gearsets for a small hobby shop.

That being said, when I opened the Stug Box, I was blown away with the quality for the price I paid. I thought, shoot, they're even using slide molding process! So, I started building the Stug during the losing Browns Football season (I had a lot of time to build). I didn't lose my mind with their old tracks, and I even came to appreciate the "sag" I could put into them. I am hooked folks!

Now, I'm doing a 251 halftrack with a photo etch attempt. You have ALL inspired me. My wife came back the other night when I was bending the radio pieces, she said "that relaxes you"? I smiled, and said, nothing could put me in a better state of mind.

What would I like to learn: How to best control photo etch parts and CA. What airbrush I own will be best (Badger 150, Aztec, or my Paasche VL), and getting my soldering out for the photo etch. I think it will pull together the parts better, and I'm not afraid to solder.

Interests: I have a Buell motorcycle that has been heavily modified, wife, 3 Dachtshunds, and a son on the way. I Appreciate anything scale. If you can't have the real thing, why not build a model?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2007, 10:15 AM

Hi guys, name's Danial. I live in Singapore.

Started this hobby in 2000 by accident and since then, i have been doing modelling with so much pride and joy.

Trust me, nothing beat the feeling of touching or opening a new box of model kit (my very bad addiction).

Hope to make new frens with modellers around the world.

Cheers,
Danial
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-14-2008, 06:01 PM
vBench

Send a message via Skype™ to Torben Nielsen
Hi There.

My name is Torben Nielsen, a nearly 38 year old modeller from Denmark. I have been on and off with modelling for a long time now, but want to take it to the next level now (before I get too old). I am not really new to this site, since I have been walking around here for some time now, but, as said before, it is time to take my modelling to the next level, and I hope that, by showing my work here, I will be able to learn from the critic I get and improve my skills.

Greetings from Denmark
Torben Nielsen
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-24-2008, 03:41 PM
vBench

Hey

Hello

My name is Roel and I'm from Belgium. I'm 26 years old and live in a town called Neeroeteren. I work as a NCO in the belgian army. For the moment I'm a platoonssergeant in an AIFV C25mm platoon.
I started modelling when I was 14 years old. Started with some airplanes and changed my interests to armour along the way. I'm a very very slow builder due to lack of time mostly. To be honest I'm more a builder then a painter. But slowly we are learning all the techniques to finish of a model real good Still learning everyday I hope to share and learn here aswell

Cheers Roel

Last edited by Roelke; 03-24-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-24-2008, 04:10 PM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to sharkmouth Send a message via AIM to sharkmouth Send a message via MSN to sharkmouth Send a message via Yahoo to sharkmouth Send a message via Skype™ to sharkmouth
Welcome Roel,

Too bad you were not here earlier as John Steinman has built a vehicle like yours! Your input must be amazing thanks to the access you have.

Regards,

Saúl García
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
It is why it is called The Present!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-25-2008, 12:59 PM
vBench

Hello!
My name is Arthur, I'm half hungarian-half french. I didn't noticed this topic until now (I payed more attention to the vBench) , so as you can see I'm a bit disorganised, and "confused"...
I'm 17, I'll be 18 in mid september. I'm more and more interested in allied WW2, but until now it was german WW2... My only real problem is my poor wheatering and handpainting skills... I like this hobby very much, and some "knowledges" according to this sometimes shock my family members (and this is something what is always fun to see).

Arthur

The Music

Last edited by Ropi; 03-25-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-08-2008, 03:21 AM

Hello!

My name is Steen, I'm 36 and from Denmark. I started modelling when I was 5-6. Somewhere in my teens I got my first computer, and soon that took all my spare time. 3-4 years ago I got back into the hobby. My stash is getting bigger, but I'm a builder, not much of a painter, so I've been lurking around looking at the great step-by-step painting/weathering posting on this site.

Oh yes, I build 1/72, mainly WWII German armor, so you'll find me in the WWII Axis forum, looking at tanks and discussing historical details from that era.

regards,
Steen

Last edited by json; 04-08-2008 at 03:24 AM.
Reply With Quote top