Old 01-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Brokeneagle

I picked up Panzerwrecks earlier this year off the net and was really pleased with the quality of this publication. I thought I would post a couple of my favourite shots from it as a discussion point for unusual panzers or interesting photo's that display strange characteristics on German Armour. For those who have not seen this book it should prove interesting.

This first photo is a gem. A perfect dio subject that I am looking into.
April '45 and a MK4 G being rebuilt in some battered garage at Bamberg. This is a Sept. '42 vintage. In the background is a Mk3 also and doesn't the stipped motor in the foreground look great! Outside this complex there were numerous weird and wonderful reworked early Mk3's dug in in a hull down position defending the complex [photo shown in book]. There were various mk 1's and 2's right in front of the garages as well..... what would be to the rear of the tanks in this photo.

The other photo that I thought would interest was this shot of a Panther A, shot up near the end at Bad Hersfeld. It has the gun cleaning tube on the rear deck, no rear stowage bins, retrofitted Flammenvernichter at the rear and spare road wheel on the turret side. The massive hole in the side plate is so neat it looks as though it could have been flame cut and the piece of steel used to reinforce a crappy Sherman? Even the dead carkass of a panzer could be useful. The service hatch for the crank also seems to be missing, Engine trouble and blown by the crew?

And the final shot is for the lovers of final M.A.N. panthers with the last station steel road wheel. Also note the cupola, no aa ring mount , just a mg post.

Have you got any interesting/unusual panzer photo's to share?
Old 01-05-2006, 08:26 PM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
Very cool shots Ian. Love the Panther A with flammvericters.

Larry

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-05-2006, 09:10 PM
vBench

Really cool pictures Ian. You or any one wouldn't happen to have any of a late Stuh 42 with the 10.5 gun by chance they could mail me. I have fould what looks to be 2 in a Panzer Colors III book I have. The one I am looking for is 131.

Mike

Edit: Hmm I posted this in the wrong place. Should have been under Sturmgeschutz 111. Sorry.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-05-2006, 09:14 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally posted by brokeneagle@Jan 5 2006, 06:04 PM
This first photo is a gem. A perfect dio subject that I am looking into.
April '45 and a MK4 G being rebuilt in some battered garage at Bamberg. This is a Sept. '42 vintage. In the background is a Mk3 also and doesn't the stipped motor in the foreground look great! Outside this complex there were numerous weird and wonderful reworked early Mk3's dug in in a hull down position defending the complex [photo shown in book].
Yeah I liked that one too. Thought it would make a good die-o-rama as well.

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Brokeneagle

[/QUOTE]Really cool pictures Ian. You or any one wouldn't happen to have any of a late Stuh 42 with the 10.5 gun by chance they could mail me. I have fould what looks to be 2 in a Panzer Colors III book I have. The one I am looking for is 131.

Mike

Edit: Hmm I posted this in the wrong place. Should have been under Sturmgeschutz 111. Sorry.

Mike, I added some up to the Stug 3 post last night for you but they all got wiped. Start a topic and I can link them from my photo bucket.
Would this suit?
Old 01-05-2006, 09:18 PM
vBench

Mike, I'll post some pics for you tonight. As you know tmy post on Brocken Eagle's Stug III thread went South for some reason.....so I have to redo that anyhow.

Willy.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=g4WUlNSx_Wk
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-05-2006, 09:20 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally posted by brokeneagle@Jan 5 2006, 11:16 PM
Really cool pictures Ian. You or any one wouldn't happen to have any of a late Stuh 42 with the 10.5 gun by chance they could mail me. I have fould what looks to be 2 in a Panzer Colors III book I have. The one I am looking for is 131.

Mike

Mike, I added some up to the Stug 3 post last night for you but they all got wiped. Start a topic and I can link them from my photo bucket.
Would this suit?
[/quote]
Thanks. But anyway you could mail them. I don't think they like posting a lot of pictures here like that. That is why they got deleted. If you can't that ok and I thank you for the others.

Mike

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-05-2006, 09:24 PM
vBench

Quote:
I don't think they like posting a lot of pictures here like that.
You can display 2 or so pics from a book under fair use. You need to give the proper credit. The reason some posts disappeared today is because Gordy is upgrading the site with a new dedicated server. Some posts got lost in the shuffle. I like to see pictures. Post them, the more the merrier.

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2006, 12:54 AM
Brokeneagle

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerfaust@Jan 5 2006, 09:14 PM
Yeah I liked that one too. Thought it would make a good die-o-rama as well.*
panzerfaust,
What coloring would you make of this dusty survivor? Its hard to tell through the dust/rubble cover but the base seems to be reasonably dark in places [could just as easily be shadows from the building]. Dark yellow over Olive green, resprayed to the green base order in dec 44?
Old 01-06-2006, 06:27 AM
Ebbe Bergman

Send a message via MSN to Ebbe Bergman
Hi!
Dont know if its any interest that there is a panzer behind the Pz 4. Perhaps another panzer 4.
Cheers!
Ebbe

Reply With Quote top