Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 02-24-2009, 08:11 PM
vBench

Holy Crips! when the images were loading I thought they were reference photos! Needless to say, excellent!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-25-2009, 12:35 AM
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniop View Post
After putting back many of the little PE details that got unglued with the scrubbing I had another go at it

Been there myself, glad to see you persevered and posted some progress pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniop View Post
Give me your honest opinion. Don't hold anything back.
Hmmmm,

maybe it looks a little too clean ? I love the scuffs, chips etc. that show the wear and tear but perhaps the white is a bit too white in some places considering the wear you have portrayed.

Of course you may already be planning to do this and I'm jumping the gun ?

But it's sharp as a tack.

Build how you like, like how you build.

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-25-2009, 06:01 AM
vBench

Nice work, it's looking great. I'd dirty up the running gear and the lower hull with some mud before finishing it.

Keep up the good work.

\Erik
Old 02-25-2009, 09:21 AM
vBench

Thx guys
The pictures look a lot brighter than it really is. That's what happens when we adjust digital photos. The white was toned down with a grey filter but the pictures show the white to be very striking.
@Firefly
Thx. I've done the pin wash and it improved considerably. With a color like this the added contrast from the pin wash produces a wonderful result.

I've applied some pigments to match the battered white coat of paint. It's looking more consistent. Almost as i want it to look.
Today - Mud.... I'm going to apply the mud to the lower hull and running gear so wish me luck LOL.

I'll post the pics asap and this time I'll be more careful with color post processing.

Many thanks for your input. It's much appreciated.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:03 PM
vBench

Mud applied on the running gear and wheels. Not yet complete because some retouching with pigments is still needed, but it's better balanced now.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:21 PM
vBench

Looking good - lot's of room for more weathering for sure if you want to go down that road.

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-26-2009, 11:14 AM
vBench

A Little bit of weathering

Nice Clean build!
I would suggest a little bit of weathering, just a tad.

Also tone down the decals, they look so bright and new, maybe toning them down will do the trick, and maybe you don't have to weather the tank much.

Also weather down the wooden box on the fender, it should have water stains, finger prints or smudge by being handled by the crew and the wood bleached by the Sun.

Will it be mounted on a base, a small dio in the works?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-27-2009, 06:07 PM
vBench

Oh my, that's definitely one kit I should be getting (for my out-of-control ever-growing stash, I've created a monster!).

Your build looks excellent. If you threw this away, I would have thrown myself out of my 11th story window . The only thing that catches my eye is the white. The sides of the hull, the top of the turret basket and some parts of fenders look a bit too bright, you might consider a bit more weathering with scratches and further chips maybe? It could, of course, be the digital photography. Sometimes when you try to give the model more light, the white colors go way off balance, your model could be looking much better in real life.

Definitely like this one. Now I must save money and build some models from my stash to make room for this nice kit!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-27-2009, 07:10 PM
vBench

I took many of your suggestions (more weathering, tone down the white and declas etc) along with some of my own initial intentions (mud, mud splatter etc) and of course a more delicate hand on photo post processing and this is how it looks now.
I'm very close to the end (so close) and of course I'll share with you the final result.
This was probably the model that I built where the forum opinion was the most important in not giving up on what I saw as a failed attempt to do a white washed Pz III.
I hope you like it. You all had a part on the final result

Just as a footnote, the rust on the deflectors was made with the Lifecolor Dirt and Rust set. Very good results. I'm impressed.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:33 PM
vBench

Very nice Anton, very nice indeed
Reply With Quote top