Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 02-24-2009, 02:40 AM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to Gopher
Wow!!!!!!!!

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2009, 08:36 AM
vBench

Another great update...great work always...
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2009, 06:09 PM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to canjuaan
Hey guys, thanks to all of you!

-- update --

The well known cable has been added again.

Green arrow: The resin piece which broke off yesterday was replaced with a small part from a PE fret.
Red arrow: This tie down lost it's proper position during the fitting of the others - I'll correct this tomorrow.

Additional bolt heads were added...

After that, I focused on the track tension adjustment units. Here you can see how one of them looked out of the Jaguar box. Verlinden gives you these two pieces separately, but they are less detailed and therefor I cut off the adjusters Jaguar gave me and detailed them a little.

This is the result. You can see the differences clearly, I guess.
I have to admit that it's still not completely correct. The adjusters were also secured to the (upper) inclined frontal armor plate - but this was too much work for too little reward. Not a single bit of the adjusters can be seen in the end anyway, so what the heck

How it's going to look like...

This is it again.

Johannes
Old 02-24-2009, 06:22 PM
vBench

Your work just boggles the mind, Jonannes. No less than brilliant.

Rick

Vbench
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-25-2009, 05:54 AM
vBench

Superb work Johannes, I agree, rather spend time on details that are visible.

\Erik
Old 02-26-2009, 10:43 AM
vBench

Talking Fun vs Frustration

frustration |frəˈstrā sh ən|
noun
the feeling of being upset or annoyed, esp. because of inability to change or achieve something : I sometimes feel like screaming with frustration.

I don't think that we have heard you scream yet

Just a joke, but I know for sure that even though somethings will not be seen doesn't mean your not having fun.

And judging by your vBench you are having loads of Fun, just as we are following your blog.

keep it coming. Really outstanding work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2009, 10:01 AM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to canjuaan
Thank you, your replies are really encouraging me to pull this project right to the end!

-- Update --

According to AFVinteriors, this is an electric air pump and is located between the two stiffeners.
I had no round profile with the exact diameter, so I decided to use and upgrade to Jaguar resin piece. I added these little feet for having the proper space off the hull bottom.

Next, I made the sleeves for the air pressure cylinder, which was located transversely over the electric air pump in question. For this task again I used left over fret material from one of the many PE sets around. The excellent Mission Models Multitool helped me a lot completing these round sleeves.
The ends were then soldered, excess material cut off and finally sanded down.

Left: air pressure cylinder with brass sleeves (Verlinden basis part). Right: electric air pump with sheet sleeves (Jaguar basis part).

Mea culpa: In the last update I was referring to the lever right to the driver's seat as the gear shifting lever. This is not true. There was a not lever for shifting gears. Both the levers were for steering purposes only.
What you see in the picture is the real gear shifter with the knob on top which had to be pressed down by the driver while shifting to prevent accidental gear shifts.

Put in the box just for the pictures. I have no idea if this even close to the real deal, this is pure fantasy down here. I have no pictures how it looked between the two stiffeners / under the control console. So I tried to display it most reasonably, but with no guarantee of realism
As you see, I've brushed some paint in the front area. This is because I won't be able to reach certain spots with the airgun and I don't wanna have colorless spots, even though they won't be visible...

The supporter comes from the Verlinden interior set, but had to be reduced in height.
In the meantime I said to goodbye to nice idea of having the driver's / radio operator fully equipped and glued up before painting. But with all the boxes and corners it's not possible to reach all the areas without having the whole thing broken up in some sub-assemblies. So be prepared for somes serious painting in one of the next updates

Furthermore, I added the string of the right steering lever and also the guidance plates through which the wire passes.

Next to the Verlinden supporter, there's a brass rod barely visible. Presumbaly it's tube which included many smaller cables etc. bundled together. The necessary cables were lead as "one piece" into the engine compartment, this way.
A corresponding hole was drilled into the underside of the console to make the rod actually go into it / come out of it.

Contol console attached. Note the kink in the gear shifting lever which was also present at the real vehicle because the box where it came up from was located more to the middle between the stiffeners and so the lever had to have this kink, actually.

Then the clutch and brake pedals were soldered.
I can't really tell from the one picture I got of the pedal area if there were two or just one. In the picture, there's just one clearly visible, but the other one might be hidden by some objects that are around there. And as there are two pipes imcoming from the rear (compartment wall), I suppose there were two. Which seems to be logical, too.

Numerous cables and conducts still have to be added. But because many of them connect with at least one of the sub-assemblies, I'm not yet sure how to do it so that they'll reach their destination in the end.

So, that's all I got for you at moment.

Johannes
Old 02-28-2009, 07:28 PM
vBench

Servus Johannes..

Nun ja, was soll ich sagen? Nur ein Wort, Respekt!!
Old 03-01-2009, 04:26 AM
Another Modeler

Send a message via MSN to serpico Send a message via Yahoo to serpico
Nice project Johannes.....one of my fqavorite vehicles.

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Metalhead #1

Send a message via MSN to skeletondude
This is like a book, the more I read, the more I want to see the finished model.

Brilliant job so far!

Marek