Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 08-30-2013, 09:46 PM
vBench

Send a message via Yahoo to David Diaz
Jake,

I think the weathering look good. Just remember when it comes to weathering, less is always more.

dave

SCOUTS OUT!

"To know, that is Wisdom.
To use it, is the Art."

- Clive Barker

http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=173
(Click to visit my v-Bench)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-30-2013, 10:35 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Diaz View Post
Jake,

I think the weathering look good. Just remember when it comes to weathering, less is always more.

dave
Thanks Dave!

The right side of the tank turret will be the area with the most wear like that. Im actually going back over the heavy area with white oils tomorrow to clean it up a bit. Any suggestions?

All the best,

Jake
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-31-2013, 11:01 AM
vBench

Jake,

Is hard to say, white wash is probably the hardest weathering to do convincingly. And the issue is that white wash when it was applied in real life was done quite sloppily. So if u want to do a convincing job you'd have to be sloppy and that by modeling standard does not look good to most people.

The one suggestion I can give is do plenty of research and look at as many photos as you can of whitewashed vehicles. And always work from references not from imagination.

That said remember you are building it for you, so as long as you like it that's what matters.

Dave

SCOUTS OUT!

To use it, is the Art."

- Clive Barker

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-31-2013, 11:14 AM
vBench

Quote:
Jake,

Is hard to say, white wash is probably the hardest weathering to do convincingly. And the issue is that white wash when it was applied in real life was done quite sloppily. So if u want to do a convincing job you'd have to be sloppy and that by modeling standard does not look good to most people.

The one suggestion I can give is do plenty of research and look at as many photos as you can of whitewashed vehicles. And always work from references not from imagination.

That said remember you are building it for you, so as long as you like it that's what matters.

Dave
Thanks Dave! You're right, it's very hard to pull off. Im actually going back over some spots with Vallejo Model Air white since it's so runny and I can splotch it on like it was messily applied. Ill post pics soon!

All the best,

Jake
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-03-2013, 02:18 PM
vBench

I think your white wash looks very good. One thing you must know when doing a white wash is that white wash did not "chip" off but instead "wore" off. What you did looks very convincing. I am also in the painting stages of my Trumper E-100.

Roy
Old 09-03-2013, 08:47 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlichtr View Post
I think your white wash looks very good. One thing you must know when doing a white wash is that white wash did not "chip" off but instead "wore" off. What you did looks very convincing. I am also in the painting stages of my Trumper E-100.

Roy
Thanks for the feedback! It's a tricky look to try to master. Hopefully I can nail it in the long run!

I made some further progress tonight. Id say the turret is nearly 90% done now. I need to work on the barrel obviously, but its coming along. I plan to make some further progress this week, but well see how it goes.

Next up: the rear portion of the tank consisting of the exhausts and other finicky engine bits.

As always, C&C is greatly appreciated!

Jake
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-03-2013, 10:02 PM
vBench

Jake,

This is looking much better. I can't see very well, but one suggestion is to leave the suspension and basically all the lower hull free of white wash.

Remember the tracks would be on in real life so that area would not be so easily accessible.

dave

SCOUTS OUT!

To use it, is the Art."

- Clive Barker

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-03-2013, 11:13 PM
vBench

Quote:
Jake,

This is looking much better. I can't see very well, but one suggestion is to leave the suspension and basically all the lower hull free of white wash.

Remember the tracks would be on in real life so that area would not be so easily accessible.

dave
Thanks! The white on the suspension and the lower hull is just over-spray; I was going to get rid of it once I clean it all up! Thanks for the heads up though. As much fun as I am weathering the top of the tank, I'm getting anxious for the entire thing to be completed.

All the best,

Jake
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-04-2013, 02:26 AM
vBench

HI Jake,

Following this with great interest.

Looking good :-)

Dazzer
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-07-2013, 12:32 AM
vBench

Good evening gents,

I made a bit more progress tonight. I added some further white-wash splotches around the hull and deck areas. I then went to town with pin washes, oils and some filters. Im getting closer to working on the wheels, engine bits and the tracks now.

As always C&C is greatly appreciated!

All the best,

Jake
Reply With Quote top