Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 09-03-2010, 11:41 AM
vBench

Send a message via AIM to chadperkins
trying to figure out how to get a thumbnail next to me thread feel like i'm the only one who doesn't know how..... thinking it's just by adding an attachment to the thread so i'm trying that now.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0494.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	3450  
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-03-2010, 12:01 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadperkins View Post
trying to figure out how to get a thumbnail next to me thread feel like i'm the only one who doesn't know how..... .....
You're not alone...

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-04-2010, 04:15 AM
vBench

No, you're not...

The Music
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-04-2010, 07:52 AM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to canjuaan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadperkins View Post
trying to figure out how to get a thumbnail next to me thread feel like i'm the only one who doesn't know how..... thinking it's just by adding an attachment to the thread so i'm trying that now.....
For a long time, I was wondering the same thing. You're on the right path: The first attached picture in your starting post becomes the thumbnail

Lovely build. I admire the cleanness and thought you put into it. Great work, keep it up!

Johannes
Old 09-09-2010, 01:26 PM
vBench

well i managed to get a little bit of work done over the last several days. installed the rest of the PE bits on the driver's side fender and got the first of the shurtzen racks mounted up. these things are really a major pain to get soldered up right but i'm half way there!

the only fender fittings i was lacking were the pry bars and cutters so no major progress but that side is essentially done at this point. I did have to extend the fender shurtzen mounting brackets slightly to account for the wider tracks. just bent them a little longer than what they were supposed to be bent. pretty easy alteration.

i am using the kit shurtzen with the griffin mounting brackets. only complain with the kit supplied parts are how easy to bend they are. they are really thin which is good but the material they used is too pliable. not nearly as rigid as the aber ones i've used in the past.

that's it for now. i'll try and get the other side wrapped up over the next week or so then on to finish the front and rear. still figuring on what layout for the spare track armor that i want to use. a lot of these had panther tracks on the front and some even had sherman tracks which unfortunately i don't have any of so guess i'll stick with panzer and panther tracks. I did fix the fender pins but i forgot to take a close up pic so we'll wait until next time for that. thing looks real heavy with the tracks on and shurtzen mounted up though i've not really gotten the running gear cleanup up where it will all sit properly yet. anxious to finish up the hull and take some finished pics of it put together to see how she looks. turret is another project altogether and that shurtzen is going to be a nightmare.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-09-2010, 06:21 PM
vBench

What a great package...well done. She's going to be something else once painted.

Rick

Vbench
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2010, 07:14 AM
This model kills fascists

Nice job!

While looking, though, I noticed something. You seem to be missing part of the leaf springs on the bogies.

Also, I was just shown, last night, that the DML return rollers don't quite match up with the road wheels. The gap between the wheels on top and the ones on bottom don't line up, and you need to put a small spacer between the wheels and the mount. 0.01" is what I was told, but it seemed a larger diference than that too me.

Last edited by armor fiend; 09-10-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2010, 08:22 AM
vBench

i assume you mean the parts at the front of the springs, i havn't put those on yet. just got bored with the running gear and left it but i'll get back to it and sand all the wheels, etc..... so you're saying the idlers are too far in towards the hull? i hadn't heard that but i'll have to check it out.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2010, 08:52 AM
vBench

WOW...looks really nice
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2010, 10:15 AM
vBench

amazing build!!!!
the french dream:
yes,..week-end!

my blog:
http://panzer-werkstatt.blogspot.com/