Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-18-2004, 09:44 PM
James Tainton's Avatar
James Tainton James Tainton is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: I'm not really sure... I just woke up and found my
Posts: 4,724
here both sides have the tracks added.


__________________

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
  #22  
Old 04-18-2004, 11:41 PM
James Tainton's Avatar
James Tainton James Tainton is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: I'm not really sure... I just woke up and found my
Posts: 4,724
here I am making a stencil to paint the number 13 on the side of the turret...- I used the colour plate in Tigers in Combat book from J.J. Fedorowich making an enlagement to match the the length of the turret scale drawing in the Achtung Panzer book on the Tiger II. I then traced onto a piece of frisket paper the numeral and cut it out with a sharp new xacto knife- ..



and then applied to side of turret and then sprayed with white...




wah-laa..
__________________

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
  #23  
Old 04-20-2004, 10:10 AM
Donovan Donovan is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 180
Tracks look really great James, I wish 1/72 had something like that.

Do you know if the rust stuff you have is for metal only? Would it work on plastic or primed vinyl?

Also, got myself a solid graphite pencil from an artist buddy of mine for hitting the high spots on my tracks. Hopefully this will work. Graphite is nice and soft and subtle too, where silver is too bright in 1/72.

Cheers,
Christopher
Reply With Quote top
  #24  
Old 04-30-2004, 07:55 AM
Tuna Tuna is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 186
Awsome work as usual James!!! And I love watching this stuff in progress...

Question.. on the Zim.. I'm trying putty for the first time.. I'm using R&J.. I love how it's water soluble, easy to keep the tools clean..

Only thing is it's pretty hard.. makes it hard to get thin.. my stuff is 5 or 6 years old (bought it when I got back in the hobby - but was too chicken to try it till now)...

Does this stuff age? Did yours seem hard? I'm just wondering if my problem is I need a new batch.. and if so, and this stuff can become soft.. I would love it!

Again.. awsome work.. I like this better than the BLOGS.. cause the pictures are bigger, and there's interaction with your fans!!! :lol:
Reply With Quote top
  #25  
Old 05-02-2004, 08:39 PM
James Tainton's Avatar
James Tainton James Tainton is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: I'm not really sure... I just woke up and found my
Posts: 4,724
Quote:
Originally posted by Tuna@Apr 30 2004, 07:55 AM
Awsome work as usual James!!! And I love watching this stuff in progress...

Question.. on the Zim.. I'm trying putty for the first time.. I'm using R&J.. I love how it's water soluble, easy to keep the tools clean..

Only thing is it's pretty hard.. makes it hard to get thin.. my stuff is 5 or 6 years old (bought it when I got back in the hobby - but was too chicken to try it till now)...

Does this stuff age? Did yours seem hard? I'm just wondering if my problem is I need a new batch.. and if so, and this stuff can become soft.. I would love it!

Again.. awsome work.. I like this better than the BLOGS.. cause the pictures are bigger, and there's interaction with your fans!!! :lol:
Thanks...Don't know the answer- maybe contact R&J and let us know?
Here is a few shots of the Tiger now..






__________________

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
  #26  
Old 05-04-2004, 05:58 PM
gordy gordy is offline
Founder
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 732
Excellent work James! Get some Daylight shots when you can!

I'm glad you went with this zimm better as it looks more to scale
__________________
Reply With Quote top
  #27  
Old 05-05-2004, 12:06 AM
KingTiger's Avatar
KingTiger KingTiger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 187
Awesome! Simply awesome. I love it all

After doing such a magnificent job on this tank. You should get up and sing along with "Panzerlied". he he.

Awesome.

KingTiger
__________________
"Achtung Panzer"
Colonel General Heinz Guderian
Reply With Quote top
  #28  
Old 05-05-2004, 12:29 AM
James Tainton's Avatar
James Tainton James Tainton is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: I'm not really sure... I just woke up and found my
Posts: 4,724
Quote:
Originally posted by KingTiger@May 5 2004, 12:06 AM
Awesome! Simply awesome. I love it all

After doing such a magnificent job on this tank. You should get up and sing along with "Panzerlied". he he.

Awesome.

KingTiger
thanks but its not done yet... tools and such to add - 1/2 way there
__________________

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
  #29  
Old 05-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Donovan Donovan is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 180
James,
I gotta agree with Gordy too.

These last shots show off that zimm very well and you have done a brilliant job with it.

Cheers,
Christopher
Reply With Quote top
  #30  
Old 05-06-2004, 09:07 PM
James Tainton's Avatar
James Tainton James Tainton is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: I'm not really sure... I just woke up and found my
Posts: 4,724
Quote:
Originally posted by Donovan@May 6 2004, 01:24 PM
James,
I gotta agree with Gordy too.

These last shots show off that zimm very well and you have done a brilliant job with it.

Cheers,
Christopher
just to be clear about the zim..i did the turret-front armour-back plate

-the right and left side of the hull is a couple of extra pieces that were included in the cavelair set i used on my tamiya henschel- i think i mentioned that before didn't i ?
__________________

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA RC TANKS-TIGER 1,KING TIGER mobilewagon Axis: World War II 3 03-01-2007 02:33 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.

Advertise with Us

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
planetArmor