Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 01-09-2005, 12:02 PM
vBench

First off I'd like to apoligize for the quility of the photos. For some Reason they came out crapy. I will hopefully get a better set of photos.

Anyway here's what I have done. Tamiya's detail is darn good. I have not found any gaps and the tank as a whole is very good. I love this kit. I would love to detail this kit. But I don't have the time so this is going to be one of those out of the box kits.

I applied all the PE zimmerit. It was my first time using PE zimmerit and I think I did an Ok job. The detail was pretty good. The only trouble I had was super glueing it onto the surface. I always glue my fingers together :lol:

The trurret was easy to essemble. The only troubles I had was fitting the parts C44 and C12, the front mantel. I like how they gave the breech. It got me into thinking of putting a partial interior. Are there any good Panzer IV interiors?

I plan to build it maybe from the 9th SS panzer division in market garden or maybe some tank from Normandy not sure yet. But I want to represent a a kinda newish tank.

I will get better pictures soon
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-09-2005, 12:11 PM
vBench

I know what you mean by being frustrated about crappy photos, I can't seem to focus in on my projects of late either.

From what I can see, you've done a fine job so far with this one. I will agree with you that Tamiya kits basically just "fall together". You gotta love them...just wish they would put more out.

Keep us updated.
Reply With Quote top