Old 08-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Who say what now?

Planet Airplane?!

I know there's also a Planet Figure, and there used to be a Planet Diorama which is no more, but what happened to Planet Aircraft/Airplane/Air??? I keep looking for it but maybe I've got the name wrong? Is it still around as well? Can't imagine a 'plane site going under for lack of interest.

Cheers,

Darren
Old 08-16-2008, 01:59 PM
vBench

Send a message via Yahoo to Markus
Same here.
Back when I discovered PlanetArmor and PlanetFigure I was browsing these two forums as well. Sadly they donīt excist anymore...
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2008, 04:21 PM
This model kills fascists

There's already a thread on this halfway down the page.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2008, 08:07 PM
vBench

DCG- A little history ...There was a planetFigure, planetArmor, planetAircraft, and a planetDiorama. These were started by Gordy Stronach. He also had prior to starting these a few years ago, another website called M:U:G. (Modelers Underground) which was around for many years before Gordy made the move to start these other websites. It was sort of an underground place that allowed cursing and swearing and was a pretty much shoot from the hip kind o place. I was a member there for many years. These later planet websites were an off shoot that at one point were to be all combined into one huge conglomerate- somewhat how Armorama turned out. These sites were to be more business-like with the usual rules of behavior enforced. Being a member of M:U:G I was aware of these new websites and since I was an armor builder I decided to take Gordy up on an offer to become this sites moderator. I had previously been a moderator over at Paul Owen's Track-link but became unhappy with the way things worked over there, and split from that scene and jumped into pA with both feet. I started posting SBSs and they seemed to draw a loyal following. My idea of the place was more about actual building and not so much about reviews.The rest is history
Other people at M:U:G were asked to stimulate the other websites and well the airplane guys felt to split their posts at M:U:G and planetAircraft was a waste of time and energy. Part of it was redundancy as well with many other websites dedicated to aircraft already out there. (ARC, Hyperscale, etc.) So planetAircraft kind of died on the vine since no one nurtured it through the early growth period. Planet Dio only really had one guy really post much. PlanetFigure did take off though.

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP

Last edited by James Tainton; 08-16-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2008, 11:51 PM
This model kills fascists

Where's a good web forum for learning about and building B-24s?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Who say what now?

Figured it was gone, but I thought it had a decent amount of traffic, and that the v-bench option would have attracted more people...