Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Armor Art - Non-Model

Armor Art - Non-Model 2D, 3D (CGI) and BoxArt

Old 12-03-2007, 12:42 AM
vBench

Aha, there a secret... А через приват узнать можна?

Yes, i was talking about the MasterClub track. Well, if there a will there's a way to get them. If you give a bit time time I will be bale to give you the size as I'm waiting on the track and other stuff from MC. Or maybe some one else here got the tracks? (I wont point the finger)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Vbench

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOJO View Post
Aha, there a secret... А через приват узнать можна?
Пока, нельзя. I am not at liberty to say more than I have.

Quote:
Yes, I was talking about the MasterClub track. Well, if there a will there's a way to get them. If you give a bit time time I will be bale to give you the size as I'm waiting on the track and other stuff from MC. Or maybe some one else here got the tracks? (I wont point the finger)
Spasibo, Ruslan I have some coming to me, too, but they won't be here anytime soon.

Cheers
Scott
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-13-2007, 03:29 PM
vBench

Crewman

Quote:
James that a nice photo as there's a T-34 on the background and got German marking but the crew is Russian. So maybe it was made to fool Germans?
I think the "crewman" is German wearing Russian helmet for photo pose. Look at his tunic and belt.

Mike Baskette
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-13-2007, 03:32 PM
vBench

Tracks

So what combinations of wheels and tracks will be obtainable after this wheel release? Will there then be options for Narrow wheels/tracks for T60/70 early and the wider combination for the late T-70 and follow-on vehicles. I'm very curious as this is one of my favorite vehicle families.

Mike Baskette
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Vbench

Well, that's a toughie. We're hung on the horns of a dilemma.

Firstly, the MiniArt tracks are the proper width for the T-70M (300mm) but the teeth are not spaced far enough apart to take a correct 130mm wheel. Apart from that, the tracks are very nicely moulded.

Secondly, aftermarket tracks are a problem. Fruilmodel and MasterClub offet tracks for the T-70M / SU-76. MasterClub also offers the 270mm tracks for the T-60 / T-70. The crux of the matter is the distance between the guide horns. IF the tracks are made to fit existing kits (TechMod, Alan, MiniArt) then the teeth are not far enough apart for the tracks to be useable with corrected roadwheels. I cannot say, as I haven't got examples of either.

If they ARE the correct distance, then roadwheels of the correct width are useable, but then that raises another issue, or couple of issues. Now we are forcing people to buy aftermarket tracks if they wish to use these wheels. Both sets cost as much as the model, and now we get onto a slippery slope will modellers be willing to spend $60 to $80 dollars on aftermarket parts for a $25 kit? Moreover, the kit is very nice as it is apart from these issues with the running gear (and the turret) and the level of moulding is outstanding.

Then there is a question of availablility. MasterClub tracks (which are the only choice) are hard to get in the US since they come from Ukraine and the US distributor maintains limited stocks at the best of times, no stock most of the time.

So, at this point, the sensible thing to do is to release a $10 set of wheels that fit the kit tracks but address the cosmetic isses with the kit wheels new profile through the center and the addition of the ring inside the tire. They won't be 100% accurate, but the difference in width (.026") is small, and they will look very much better than the kit wheels.

Down the road, if we can arrange for supply of MasterClub tracks (assuming they'll fit) we can bundle tracks and correct wheels together for the T-70M and the SU-76.

Cheers
Scott Fraser
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2007, 01:44 PM
vBench

Another Question

Scott,

Have another look at that posted T-70 photo... the one with the Germans digging in next to it. Are the wheel hubs on that vehicle scalloped around the retaining bolts or is that an illusion?

Mike Baskette
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Vbench

I'm sure it's an illusion, the play of light and shadow around some grime. That's not to say it's impossible, given the wide network of subcontractors supplying parts to the Soviet tank-building industry, but every other photo I've seen of T-70s and T-70Ms shows them like this:

So what do you think about how wide the wheels should be?

Cheers
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2007, 03:25 PM
vBench

What do I think...

Give me a bit to see what we are up against given the current crop of tracks. I slogged through the old Alan SU76 a few years back and went with the Fruil set for the T-60/70 as that was all there was at the time. They do fit the Alan wheels which are much wider than the Techmod T-70 or any T-60 out there... but are a bit narrow. Most do not notice, but to a viewer with more than a passing knowledge of the vehicle, I think the "too narrow" bit shows.

I would be curious what ModelKasten may be up to as well. With the three T-70 kits, the T-80, SU-76 and Tractor kit in hand or on the way, they may have reason to release some tracks as well. MK tend to be "to scale" and not kit specific.

Mike
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2007, 07:29 PM
vBench

MasterClub is not made in Ukraine and never was. all is made in Russia, Moscow and I'm not sure where that info came that they are UKR company.

And i send you an e-mail some time ago.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Vbench

Quote:
MasterClub is not made in Ukraine and never was. all is made in Russia, Moscow and I'm not sure where that info came that they are UKR company.

And i send you an e-mail some time ago.
Oops, you're right Ruslan. They are in Moscow. I was thinking of another company. I have some tracks coming from Bronya35, but they will be a while. email coming.

Cheers
Reply With Quote top