Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 03-16-2008, 11:30 AM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to canjuaan
Hello,

@ Tomislav: Thank you. Your Elefant looks very good to me from what I can see on the picture. The figure is good, as well.

@ Rick: Thanks! Well, I'm struggling with the "D"-formed pieces of the mounts, currently. I try to make new ones from sheet with the correct size. But as there's no real progress, I feel like just taking the ones I made with Verlinden parts. It's just like Murphy's Law. All the areas where nobody will ever be able to take a look back in will be much more accurate than the only one where one can get a glance of what's inside the tank ... d'oh!

Before I'll give you guys a little update I want to explain why there're no more pics. The webhoster on which I used to upload my pictures onto has decided to shut down my three accounts with more than 1100 modelling pics online, apparently. So it will take it's time 'till they're back visible. I'll try my best to make it happen as soon as possible, but I can't give an exact date.

So here's the update, finally. A short one, again.

One more time.
Red stripes: The seat mounts are supposed to be on this height.
Yellow square: This is where a model figure's head would be at maximum if the seat was attached firmly as it is currently. (at the moment, all interior pieces are fixed temporarily)
Green area: This is where the mirrors would be. So not even with raising his head, the driver of this tank would have been able to take a look out.

Verlinden's radio box is done quite nicely but I guess it's also too large for scale. This doesn't matter at all (not to be seen, in the end).

Verlinden radio. Looks nice and fits perfectly in the PE frame but I don't know if it's correct. In the lower part of the picture, you can see what Jaguar gives you.

This is what the interior will look like one day. Pretty busy, huh? There are a lot of cables still to be added. The control console is too high (green arrow). This is no problem, as the supporting piece (coming up from the bottom) can easily be cut.

Mudguards soldered. I did both because I've not decided, which side will lose one, yet. Also, damages will first be done when I get to this area.

You gotta love ABER details...

Don't understand ABER here... they want me to press out some bolts...

... and then place screw heads on them??? Maybe the bolts should not face to the top?

Voyager / DML are more obvious here. And I think this is the right way to go...

That's it for the moment, I'll try to re-upload the pics from the former stages of the build as soon as possible.

Johannes
Old 03-16-2008, 12:00 PM
vBench

I still got no time to take the photos for you... Looksl iek you are not using any reference....

First, on the mudguard there would be an other hole and there should be a spring.

Second, i would not use p-e bolt at all as they are hm.... flat!?
There should be bolts inside the fender support, aber part #35.
Plus bolts under the fenders.

On the last image, The green that you highlighted those dots, is where bolts would go.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Metalhead #1

Send a message via MSN to skeletondude
Jawdropping work, mate!

Marek
Old 03-16-2008, 03:22 PM
vBench

@ Ruslan: You're right about my references - besides the pics from AFVinteriors, I don't use any (except some pretty basic pictures). I'm not after the perfect representation of the tank in 1:35th.
Regarding the spring. The hole for is there, see the first mudguard picture on the left, a little bit out of focus. I thought about adding it now already, but then I decided not to do so until the mudguards is to be mounted.
Thanks for the explanation for the bolts etc.

@ Marek: Thank you, too
Old 03-17-2008, 01:52 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by canjuaan View Post
I'm not after the perfect representation of the tank in 1:35th.
Johannes, that is so funny!! Especially with all the detailing you are making

MfG - Andrew
Old 03-17-2008, 03:00 PM
vBench

Quote:
I'm not after the perfect representation of the tank in 1:35th.
Are you serius?

The Music
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Metalhead #1

Send a message via MSN to skeletondude

Are you kidding, man?

Marek
Old 03-22-2008, 12:04 PM
vBench

It's a little crazy, I know. But there are so many people around this forum who do a much better and more accurate job!

Whatsoever, I got some news. First of all, I got myself Achtung Panzer No. 6, The Tiger Family. It is a very expensive, but great reference book. Second, I took the advice from Ruslan and bought some Calibre35 nuts etc. (hopefully these are correct). And third, here's a new update.

Thanks to the new book, I realized that there were weld lines around those scrapers. When I looked closely, I saw that Dragon attempted to recreate this detail, but their welds looked pretty poor. So I decided to redo them with stretched sprue plus universal thinner. The pattern was pressed in with a piece of PE fret.

Commander's cupole with a strip of styrene added instead of the PE part which would not keep it's place.

This part is below the commander's cupola on the inside of the ceiling.

Here comes the surgeon! Because I want the covers to be open in the end (for maximum sight inside the tank), I needed to remove the molded-on sliding covers for the sight. Of course it's everything but done. It's just to give you an impression. For this task, a leaf saw is very handy.

I also started to redo the seat mounts. But I won't break the old ones. The new ones will be made of styrene. Pictures of this maybe next week.

Greets and happy Easter,
Johannes

Last edited by canjuaan; 08-07-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-22-2008, 04:38 PM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to Gopher
great work Johannes!
it's really interesting to follow your thread

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-23-2008, 07:46 AM
vBench

Great work...Johannes
Reply With Quote top