Old 09-26-2006, 02:27 PM

Send a message via MSN to CJWillis
PTO Sherman Advice

Greetings.

I'd like to build an M4A2 PTO Sherman w/ wood planks on the hulls and the wading stacks, but I don't know if this is correct or if they were only on the mid productionM4A2s (wood planks). I have limited Sherman reference material and have done some internet searches looking for some M4A2, but could not find a late A2 like the Academy kit that had the wood planks; only the applique armor plates. I know the Academy kit as is (late model) probably needs to have the upswept return arm bogies. So, my questions are:

Can I use the Academy Marine M4A2 (late) and still use wood planks and be an accurate build?

For those A2s with the tracks mounted to the turret, how were they mounted? makeshift brackets welded on?

Would it be accurate to have an A2 with wood planks AND tracks attached to the turret?

If the Academy kit would not be accurate as is with the wood planks on the hull sides, would the Formations mid production be a better choice as a base kit to use?

I suspect the tracks are not correct either. Any recommendations? T-62 chevrons?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as begin my next project.

Thank you,

chuck w
Reply With Quote top