Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 08-23-2006, 10:57 AM
vBench

Here is my latest project and my first ever 1/48 scale AFV. I was at the LHS on Monday and I came across this kit. I was like - who the h*ll is Hobby Boss! I wasn't that interested until the shopkeeper opened it up and I was sold! I just can't describe the feeling but here are some shots of the sprues to show you.

Boxart

The roadwheels

Chassis interior parts

Turret and some hull parts

Suspension parts, idler wheels, sprocket wheels and exterior hull fittimgs

Turret, some hull interior parts and gun parts

Engine and transmission parts

Upper and lower hull

Tow cable, transparent lens and check this out - PE grill molded with the plastic frame. OK, the PE grill is a bit to big and doesn't look that fine molded in but you got to give Hobby Boss credit for trying something new.

So for all that at a very reasonable price of USD10.30, how could I not buy it? :lol:

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2006, 11:16 AM
vBench

This kit looks like fun! Nice buy.
So are you going to start on it right away, or finish some older projects first?

Siim

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2006, 12:01 PM
vBench

Location: Somewhere near polarbears, reindeers and Santa let loose on Arctic circle..
Whoauu!! Looks great! With interior and everything. And what a price! I'm sure I have bought 3 of those! Well I can be sure I don't find it from finland.

Cheers Mikko
Old 08-23-2006, 12:21 PM
vBench

Siim

I can not stop myself from building it. I started building as soon as got back from work and this is what I completed tonight.

Side sponson damper housings back and front.

These are the interior sidewalls and firewall. Look at all those pin ejector marks that need to be filled

Overhead shot of the lower hull. The front is to the left.

Driver's, hull gunner's seat and steering arms completed

The rear chassis compartment with batteries, engine frame and sprocket fittings

Engine, fan and transmission dry fitted to the hull. I forgot to fill in those ejector marks. I will re-do them.

Front view of the fan. Nice isn't it?

Inside the front hull with spare MG magazines and driving dials

Exhaust mufflers and radiators

Left side view of the lower hull

Right side view

Also completed the gun but too tired to take photos. Need sleep!

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2006, 12:22 PM
vBench

Location: Somewhere near polarbears, reindeers and Santa let loose on Arctic circle..
Looks Da*n great!

Cheers Mikko
Old 08-23-2006, 12:26 PM
vBench

Mikko

That's what keeps me going! Can't wait to see it all done.

It's actually quite an easy build. Nowhere near as good as Tamiya, DML or Tristar but the parts fit quite well and the locating pins are cleverly done so that you can't make a mistake. Only problem is all those mold seams and ejector marks - minor problem though.

Lawrence

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2006, 01:29 PM
vBench

You are fast! I agree, the fan is a beauty. Strangely it makes me want to buy the Trumpeter 1:16 version. :lol:

Siim

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2006, 03:27 PM

It probably makes you want to but the Trumpeter kit because these are just scaled down versions of the Trumpeter kits! They look reallly nice, though, this might be my 1st quarter scale tank kit!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2006, 08:27 PM
vBench

Hi Man...are you sleep

Agreed with you...I got the T-34/76 & T-34/85 last weekend...and I cannot stop to built it...I'm working on the T-34/85 version...and I will posted the pictures later...But I never build it faster than you! I need SLEEP :lol:

Again...Great work and can't wait to see it complete...
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2006, 08:55 PM
vBench

At work now and I am so sleepy .

I want to finish the construction by this weekend. It's quite fun to build without worrying whether the parts are accurate/correct. Brings back good memories of times when there were no AM stuff and everyone built OOTB.

Marco
Can't wait to see a detailed build post from you.

Ok...time for coffee.

Lawrence

Reply With Quote top