Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:12 PM

In the past few years of researching USMC Tanks in WWII, I have located the actual after action reports of several Marine Tank Battalions' Campaigns in WWII.

These reports are full of detailed, day by day, first hand accounts of Marine tanks in action. I have found them a treasure trove of information, and used them to corroborate other information and photographs.

This first report that is being considered for publication, is a page for page digital scan of each and every page of the original 80 page document.

If this type of publication proves popular, we will the begin releasing the rest of them in the near future.

Let us know what you think about the idea.

HCM
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2006, 05:32 PM
vBench

David,

I think the idea is really good. It probably will be interesting for the real armour buffs, but I for one would be interested.

One remark, and suggestion. would it be possible to add photographs to the AARs? I think you might have some photo of the scens described in the AAR. This would make a perfect companion to the photographs, and give a different point of view, rather than a plain photo essay of Iwo. It's just a thought.

Cheers, and keep up the extremely good work!

MartinD
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2006, 06:13 PM

Thanks for the input Martin, unfortunately, adding photos would push the price of the book (and the release date) too far. 80 pages is about the maximum you can go, and still keep the book at the $20.00 to $30.00 range.

Plus, it would require much more time in the layout and quardnation areas. More time means another price increase.

I considered putting all of the Iwo Jima Tank Battalions in one volume, but again that would be a 250 page book, which would be too expensive to produce.

Thanks for the input though.

David
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2006, 06:49 PM
vBench

Dave:
Will this book be available at Mastercon?
Mike
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2006, 07:22 PM

Hello Mike, yes if we do the print run it would be available mid August. Heidi mentioned that you were inquiring about another books release date.

Sorry for not answering you, I can't find the email. If you let me know which book it is, I will be glad to answer you.

David
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2006, 08:15 PM
vBench

Dave:
It is your second book on the Marines in OIF. I guess you'll have some copies in KC for the nationals.
Thanks
Mike
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2006, 10:35 PM

At Nats I will release my 3rd book on the Marines in OIF. The first one is the $50.00 144 page book (HCM 1001) "Vehicls of the USMC in OIF", the second one was the 100 page $42.00 "Photo Album Series" Vol. 1 "USMC in OIF" (HCM 1002). At the IPMS Nationals I will release "Photo Album Series" Vol. 2 "USMC in OIF" (HCM 1003) also 100 pages and sell for $42.00.

I will also release the "Modern American Amtracs" book at the IPMS Nationals. CRM Hobbies will have them all.

See ya there.....

David
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-22-2006, 07:27 AM
vBench

Dave:
Thanks for the info. I will see you in KC.
Mike
Reply With Quote top