Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 08-14-2005, 07:21 AM
vBench

Hi Guys,

This is my first ever try to post pictures off any off my builds, I used a freeware picture resizer and a sony dsc v1 digital camera, picture quality which I have achieved is plain bad, sorry for that, next time I will try to improve (more/better lighting etc. is needed I think)

Well here goes:

Overall picture of build sofar, I have cleaned up all road wheels (all need sanding all along the outer rim (slight mold slip) and the inner diameter needs to enlarged slightly for a better fit (I used a round needle file).

The road wheel arms also have a mold slip, at first I ried to use putty (Tamiya's new light curing putty) which was a disaster. The putty didn't harden at all, it is a little like wax from a pine tree. I guess I really need a "fluorecent" light source. I scraped the putty back off again (with a wooden stick) and then simply sanded it down. This takes care off the mold slip perfectly (only one road wheel arm needs a spot off putty as a slight 1 x 2 mm spot did't fill up with plastic). Allthough the bad pictures don't show this off very well :-(

bump stops, again mold slippage (all within limits) and need some sanding, but clean up perfectly. The idler wheels are beautifull, razer thin edges just like the real deal.

I really like trumpeter kits, they have great detail and allthough engineering is still not up there with the best one can built a very nice model.

I use Tamiya sanding paper and can recomend this to all, its backing is flexible and it lasts a very long time, If you haven't used it already please give it a go, I guarantee you will like it!

brg Wouter
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-31-2005, 02:08 PM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
good work, keep it up !

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top