Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:08 PM
vBench

Griffon sets for DML Brummbar

looks pretty good- an interior as well!
http://www.griffonmodel.com/

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-28-2008, 08:52 PM
vBench

The interior set looks real nice. But it does look like it's based of interior shots of Kubinka's Befehls Stupa which is an early 1.Series Stupa. Tristar is the only one who makes this version.

To use it in DML, you would have to discard the ducting tubes and discard one set of radios for a non Befehls version.

LQ

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-28-2008, 09:04 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by lquah View Post
The interior set looks real nice. But it does look like it's based of interior shots of Kubinka's Befehls Stupa which is an early 1.Series Stupa. Tristar is the only one who makes this version.

To use it in DML, you would have to discard the ducting tubes and discard one set of radios for a non Befehls version.

LQ
Hi Laz- I'm being lazy..
Where can one see these interior shots-
also which ducting tubes- those grey one in the front aft of the drivers spot? . Seems that it is maybe a good kit for both Tristar and DML kits- with a minor exclusion to make it right? Also, the only game in town at this point. Still can't see how the guys would enter and exit that top hatch and fire the MG- doesn't seem to be any place to plant their feet?

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-28-2008, 09:32 PM
vBench

There are pics of the Kubinka Stupa in both Trojca books (more pics in the older softcover). The two ducting tubes are attached to the underside of the roof and serve to extract fumes from the gun and expel them through the two outlets on the back of the superstructure. The were found to be ineffective and was replaced with a ventilator during the Vienna re-fit.

http://www.griffonmodel.com/uploadpi...6205242667.jpg

Quote:
Still can't see how the guys would enter and exit that top hatch and fire the MG- doesn't seem to be any place to plant their feet?
That's the million dollar question. Griffon has a large box with two ammo boxes on top of at the rear of the compartment. I am not convinced this is correct. I have only seen one photo of this are and it was a partial shot. I also have not seen any photos that show seats for the loader and commander.

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.

Last edited by lquah; 08-28-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-29-2008, 05:26 AM
vBench

Hi James,

Thanks a lot for the link!
I'm becoming more and more a fan of the Griffon stuff

Regards,

Notger
DML Jagdpanzer IV L/70(A)

Historyfacts
Pz.Kpfw. IV
Reply With Quote top