Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 11-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Kevin

ahhh Chris... Sweet SBS with the new 250/1... Dragon is absolutely killing me, they have corrected the drive sprockets (the earlier DML 250 kits lacked the bolts on the inner lip which held the rubber pads)!!! To correct this I bought 3 WWII Productions sets of tracks... what a bunch of bollocks now that the fault has been corrected!

Oh well, look forward to watching your SBS!

Kevin
Weensie: Yes she is. See, I'm the first one to go to college in my family and when I left she said, "Weensie, if you screw this up, I'll kill you." She showed me the knife.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Vbench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
ahhh Chris... Sweet SBS with the new 250/1... Dragon is absolutely killing me, they have corrected the drive sprockets (the earlier DML 250 kits lacked the bolts on the inner lip which held the rubber pads)!!! To correct this I bought 3 WWII Productions sets of tracks... what a bunch of bollocks now that the fault has been corrected!

Oh well, look forward to watching your SBS!

Kevin
Ahh, so! They did this with their PzKpfw IV Ausf E, too (#6264). Strong argument against stashing kits "for a rainy day".

Fletcher, Rick, thanks for posting the link, and thanks doubly for the soldering SBS. If you hear me in Florida, it's because I'm being dragged kicking and screaming into the world of soldering . . .

And Anders, this is a sweet model, and with all the ABER whistles and bells, it's gonna be killer!

Cheers

Scott

Modelling is . . . waiting for the mailman.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-29-2007, 01:58 AM
vBench

Send a message via Skype™ to Sergionex
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfRiKaKoRpS View Post
Since I am becomming more and more tempted to try soldering I was looking for soldering irons. Found one that runs on lighter gas by Dremel. Anyone had experience with such ones that are not electrically powered? Any oppinions?
I am talking about this one:

http://www.allegro.pl/item269913744_...ka_nowosc.html

Chris
Hi Chris!
I'm working with very similar torch. http://www.allegro.pl/item272599374_...esjonalny.html It's outstanding for me! Much better than electrical soldering iron - I hate the electric cable that was very uncomfortable during the work...

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-29-2007, 04:17 AM
vBench

Send a message via Skype™ to AfRiKaKoRpS
Thank you very much Sergiusz. I might give a tip to Santa to get one for me and try how it goes.

Chris

.................................................. ......

StuG III Ausf.G DML Smart Kit - Dec 1942 Production Initial StuG III G - Russia 1942/43 - PA Group Build
StuG IV DML Smart Kit - 2. Kompanie Panzerjäger-Abteilung Brandenburg /1. Jäger-Rgt. "Brandenburg" - Poland 1945

.................................................. ......
Reply With Quote top