Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: OTA (Other Than Armor)

Photos: OTA (Other Than Armor) Post photos of figures, aircraft, sci-fi, trains, ships, gundam, etc.
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-23-2011, 08:30 AM
bar's Avatar
bar bar is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 16
1/20 Arvus dropship(Warhammer craft upscaled)

Hey guys. I am just new here. I am working on a large scale scratchbuild recreation of a warhammer Arvus Lighter dropship. I know it's a very hypothetical craft, but i usually do scifi stuff anyway.
I have always liked the craft, and have been working on the build for about 6 weeks give or take. The original design is a gaming model kit in resin from forgeworld, and is about the size of a can of coke(Note the size of the little pots of paint in the background). I wanted a far larger version, hence this build.
Item is going to be fully lit and weathered eventually. I won't flood this post with the 400 images i have of the build(I like to take pics at every stage), but will post 6 images of the current state(Plus the youtube vids of the lighting rigs turned on), and if anyone wants to check out the thumbnails in my Photobucket gallery to see every step of the way, then the gallery is here. You can get the full flavour by just looking at the gallery without clicking the images if time is an issue.
Pics first then the vids. I understand this subject might not be everyone's cup of tea, but comments are very much welcomed on the build. Especially if there are any details which look like they might be out of place.














Youtube vids of the lights turned on:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVlNwJE8tlA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zemu5cKicJg
Reply With Quote top
Users like bar's post!
  #2  
Old 08-23-2011, 02:27 PM
alexwencho's Avatar
alexwencho alexwencho is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: south Texas, USA
Posts: 2,736
Very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bar View Post
Hey guys. I am just new here. I am working on a large scale scratchbuild recreation of a warhammer Arvus Lighter dropship. I know it's a very hypothetical craft, but i usually do scifi stuff anyway.
I have always liked the craft, and have been working on the build for about 6 weeks give or take. The original design is a gaming model kit in resin from forgeworld, and is about the size of a can of coke(Note the size of the little pots of paint in the background). I wanted a far larger version, hence this build.
Item is going to be fully lit and weathered eventually. I won't flood this post with the 400 images i have of the build(I like to take pics at every stage), but will post 6 images of the current state(Plus the youtube vids of the lighting rigs turned on), and if anyone wants to check out the thumbnails in my Photobucket gallery to see every step of the way, then the gallery is here. You can get the full flavour by just looking at the gallery without clicking the images if time is an issue.
Pics first then the vids. I understand this subject might not be everyone's cup of tea, but comments are very much welcomed on the build. Especially if there are any details which look like they might be out of place.














Youtube vids of the lights turned on:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVlNwJE8tlA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zemu5cKicJg
Thank you very much for posting the "Arvis DropShip" here on planetarmor in the OTA (other than armor) forum.

Planetarmor Management 'Most Welcomes' any type of OTA such as this unique idea and build in miniature.

Thank you also for the links to the Videos.

Looking forward to seeing the Arvis along with figures in a finished diorama.

If you have any other builds or links, please share them here on planetarmor.

Thank you and best wishes.

AWD
__________________


my twitter https://twitter.com/#!/alexwence
my 'Attention To Detail' blog: http://scratch-builder.blogspot.com/
Modelers Alliance 'Masters Classes':http://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/alex-de-leon
Reply With Quote top
  #3  
Old 09-11-2011, 03:01 AM
mykman mykman is offline
mykman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: London,United Kingdom
Posts: 86
Hi Bar,

Wellcome in the forum !
Great build! When will you paint this beauty?
__________________
------------------------------------
http://mykman.blogspot.co.uk/

Mykman alias Károly Mesterházy
Reply With Quote top
Users like mykman's post!
  #4  
Old 09-11-2011, 05:10 AM
bar's Avatar
bar bar is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykman View Post
Hi Bar,

Wellcome in the forum !
Great build! When will you paint this beauty?

Hey there Mykman.
Thanks.
The paint is happening now, so to speak. I have been approached by an individual who wants to buy this build(I didn't start building it to sell it, but he really wants it, so it will go to a loving home), and i am working on a paintscheme to his specs.
I am weathering it right now.
















Reply With Quote top
  #5  
Old 09-13-2011, 01:52 PM
CaptainKirk CaptainKirk is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 5
Nice to see you here Bar! I will be posting some Ma.k here too. This was a killer build..... did you make molds for some of the parts? I may want to build one!
Reply With Quote top
  #6  
Old 09-13-2011, 01:55 PM
bar's Avatar
bar bar is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKirk View Post
Nice to see you here Bar! I will be posting some Ma.k here too. This was a killer build..... did you make molds for some of the parts? I may want to build one!

Hey. Thanks.
I made moulds of the important hard-to-make parts. The rest is just sheet work and greeblies:




Reply With Quote top
Users like bar's post!
  #7  
Old 09-13-2011, 03:58 PM
alexwencho's Avatar
alexwencho alexwencho is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: south Texas, USA
Posts: 2,736
Thank you for the updates and please keep them coming.

AWD
__________________


my twitter https://twitter.com/#!/alexwence
my 'Attention To Detail' blog: http://scratch-builder.blogspot.com/
Modelers Alliance 'Masters Classes':http://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/alex-de-leon
Reply With Quote top
  #8  
Old 09-13-2011, 04:21 PM
bar's Avatar
bar bar is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwencho View Post
Thank you for the updates and please keep them coming.

AWD

Thanks. I haven't been able to get anything done as my Brother is in Alabama with his fiancee for a week, and i am covering my work AND his.
No modelling for me till he gets back.
I posted a new thread here in the Other Than Armor forum of another project i have on the go. Check it out if you like the Arvus.
Reply With Quote top
  #9  
Old 09-13-2011, 05:37 PM
alexwencho's Avatar
alexwencho alexwencho is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: south Texas, USA
Posts: 2,736
You are most welcome and thank you for keeping the OTA (Other Than Armor) interest going here on planetarmor.
Much appreciated.

AWD
__________________


my twitter https://twitter.com/#!/alexwence
my 'Attention To Detail' blog: http://scratch-builder.blogspot.com/
Modelers Alliance 'Masters Classes':http://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/alex-de-leon
Reply With Quote top
  #10  
Old 09-19-2011, 03:48 PM
bar's Avatar
bar bar is offline
vBench
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 16
Okay. Back to business.
I got the day off work, and so i went up to... work...
But to work on the Arvus. I was not there all day, but i did manage to get a little bit done.
Enjoy!























Reply With Quote top
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LCM(3) landing craft tawafa64 Allied: World War II 2 08-05-2004 04:07 PM
landing craft James Tainton Allied: World War II 0 07-19-2004 01:38 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.

Advertise with Us

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
planetArmor