Old 08-23-2010, 07:56 PM
vBench

1:48 Tamiya Experience?

Hello,
I will be starting a Tamiya 1:48 Tiger I. This will be my first foray into 1:48 armor. I am wondering if anybody here has some experience in this area? I am hopping that a modeler with some 1:48 experience can give me a few tips?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2010, 10:39 AM
vBench

I think the process is exactly the same. The Tiger is a big tank so in 1/48 scale it is still as big as some of the smaller tanks in 1/35 scale. Just build it the same way as you would a 1/35th scale tank. Now if you are into scale effect for painting and weathering then you would have to recalculate the amount of white to put into your paint. Now for Tamiya 1/48 scale kit specifically, they use a metal lower hull in alot of their kits which some people do not like as the detail is not as sharp. There has also been reports of the metal in the lower hull either reacting adversly to something or not being cast properly and crumbling. I have several of their kits but have only built one (KV-1) and I still have been unable to get the tracks to fit properly. So I bought some friuls but have not put them on yet. Good luck and I am sure you will enjoy it.

Roy
Old 08-25-2010, 07:50 AM
vBench

Smile

Hi Iain.

Can I help you?.As well said Schlichtr is the same way than the big brothers in 1/35.Also the Tamiya kits in 1/48,the pieces fits perfectly and theyr are easy to mount.You must pay attention to the tracks,cleaning before assambling.In this case the Tamiya kit have a plastic guide for the perfect angle of the tracks.
Please,any coment are welcome.
Best,

Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2010, 01:47 PM
vBench

I love them...

and have built many of them. They are a dream to put together and not so small you cannot detail the heck out of em.

This is my latest in progress.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:41 AM
vBench

Thank you. I will reply when I have a chance to get my hands on it.
Reply With Quote top