Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 07-22-2005, 09:42 PM

The LCVP is due in the states in the next two weeks, I believe the Italeri rep gave the same date for the Italian AC. A couple of surprises were discussed between myself and the Italeri rep, I can't mention them yet, but I will when I can. They are two 1/35 scale WWII American kits that have never been done before. I took time to compliment Italeri on their willingness to do original subjects that may be a bit simplistic in design, but build up into fine models of the vehicles.

The Trumpeter LAV25 was on hand, at least test shots of the whole kit. It looked pretty good to me and a vast improvement over the old ESCI kit. The wheels were a little hard to see, I tried my best to get a useable photo of them. They look a bit too narrow to me, but.......

More later
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-24-2005, 10:28 AM
panamadan

Dave, any idea on the price for the AB-41? Thanks, Dan
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-24-2005, 06:28 PM

$45.00 I am told.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-24-2005, 08:14 PM
panamadan

WOW!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-24-2005, 10:34 PM

Woof! That L.C.V.P. looks fantastic!!! Nice weathering job, too... I can give up on "the slow boat" fixing up the old Lindberg 32nd scale kit! Woo-hoo!! My LHS said that the kit is coming out around the end of August --- would be great if it came out sooner. Sounds like retail is going to be about $66.00

Man, this is going to be a GREAT addition to the LCM-3, which was a lot of fun to build!! I know that I've said it before, by my hat is off to Italeri for doing the subjects such as the DUKW, LCM-3, and the LVT series (and now, of course, the L.C.V.P.!)...all subjects that no other major model companies would not, for whatever reasons, tackle!

Given that the L.C.V.P. is smaller and more numerous than the LCM-3, this kit could be incredibly popular!! Probably going to see a fair number of "Saving Pvt. Ryan"-type dioramas popping up.

Thanks for the update, Dave!! Cannot wait for the new AFV Pictoral Pacific Focus #2 and the new LVT and Sherman books!!

Much Aloha,

Johnny B.
Reply With Quote top