Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:30 AM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to sharkmouth Send a message via AIM to sharkmouth Send a message via MSN to sharkmouth Send a message via Yahoo to sharkmouth Send a message via Skype™ to sharkmouth
MENG TS-008 French FT-17 Light Tank (Cast Turret)

Click image for larger version

Name:	FT-17small.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	7954

Gaulish Elf – FT-17 Light Tank (Cast Turret) is Coming!

In 1917, FT-17 light tanks roared across the horizon and achieved a great success. Concept of this tank was raised by Jean-Baptiste Eugène Estienne who’s considered to be “Father of the Tank”in France. It’s designed by the talented designer Rodolphe Ernst Metzmaier and then manufactured by a French company, Renault. FT-17 light tank is considered as the earliest modern tank on the basis of its outstanding performance and design concept showing great foresight.

In order to commemorate this tank of great historic significance, MENG team represent this Ft-17 tank perfectly in 1:35 scale by taking all measurements of real FT-17 tank with the help of our German adviser and by studying a lot of historical documents and reference material.

This FT-17 light tank (cast turret) kit, numbered TS-008, consists of 10 plastic sprues totaling 404 parts, 1 PE fret totaling 9 parts and 6 metal parts including springs. Decals of four painting schemes are provided for tanks during WWI, WWII and the Winter War between the Soviet Union and Finland in consideration of long service experience of FT-17 tanks.

This TS-008 kit not only reproduces the exterior details of FT-17 tank, but also represent its internal equipment and structure to the maximum degree. All hatches can be built in open or closed position. When the hatches are open, complete power system, driver’s cabin and turret interiors will be presented, offering strong impression of this precision machine. This TS-008 kit has a compact looking by combining full interiors with small shape of the tank. Its movable suspension system reproduces the real structure. Cement-free workable track links are provided. Three weapons equipped as main weapon of FT-17 tank as well as a rack for Hotchkiss 8mm M1914 machine gun are provided for modeler’s choice.

Saúl García
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
It is why it is called The Present!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-02-2013, 07:04 AM

Thumbs up

I hope this turns out to be a great kit with no disappointments as I love the FT series of tanks.

~ Jeff
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-04-2013, 07:36 PM

There is a lot of buzz with the release of this kit.
For me I would like to see it in 1/16th scale...but that is me.
Thanks for the news.

AWD

my twitter https://twitter.com/#!/alexwence
my 'Attention To Detail' blog: http://scratch-builder.blogspot.com/
Modelers Alliance 'Masters Classes':http://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/alex-de-leon
Reply With Quote top