Old 07-26-2008, 11:16 AM
vBench

SBS CDs

Hi- I was in the hobby store the other day and it was suggested to me by the proprietor of the establishment that many of his customers were saying it would be a good thing if I were to have the Step by Step builds I do available as CDs that they could purchase. I was quite flattered by this but wonder if it is really worth looking at. If I were to sell these CDs at say $30.00 CND, how many of you would be interested?

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-27-2008, 08:04 AM

One vote here!

Dear James,

Sounds like a great idea. I encourage you to try it, you never know it might allow you to retire. Of course if i did order one; i would have to respectfully request the artist to sign the box.

Health and happiness,

Mark
Old 07-31-2008, 08:06 PM
Custom User Title

I too may buy a few, ask for autographs but I wouldn't open them, I'd put them on the wall in my model room maybe.

Having said that, and I do not mean this as a reflection of your work as I feel this way regardless of who made them, $30.00 is a bit steep in my eyes. $10.00 I could see, but why would I pay $30.00 for what I could get on the internet for free ?

Again, not meant as disrespect, just honest feedback.

Build how you like, like how you build.

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2008, 09:59 PM
vBench

What kind of CD are we talking about? If it's pretty much the same as a CD version of your vbench builds, I'd have to say $30 is a bit pricey. However, if you were to do some kind of DVD, similar to what Mig is doing, then that would be cool. If you were to demonstrate, step by step, in videos some of your weathering and painting techniques, I think you would have something there.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2008, 10:48 PM

I would certainly be interested, and welcome the chance to give back a little to you James. Your work was what brought me to this site, and I have learned and continue learning a great deal from your builds.
I have been able to "justify" my gleaning of tips and info from others on this site by purchasing magazines featuring their work, even though I have followed along in the background on their builds as well.
So go for it, I'm sure there are others out there who would support this venture also.
Ray.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2008, 11:10 PM
This model kills fascists

While your threads are better than the Osprey books, I wouldn't pay $30. I'd probably be willing to pay $10.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-01-2008, 06:41 PM
vBench

hi james i would by these cds and here is one big reason i chatted with you on aim one time with tuna,and you are a funny dude so if you have humor with the cds as well i am def in thanks james johnny

Last edited by johnnyboy; 08-01-2008 at 06:42 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote top