Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > planetArmor General

planetArmor General General and Off Topic

Old 01-31-2010, 11:56 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarok View Post
The Etchmate TA reviewed was the older aluminium one. The EM now has a "high tech composite material" which replaced the "low-tech aluminum". For me personally, to my layman's eye it looks too plasticy (my perception and opinion, I don't expect anyone to agree with me) which put me off. I went for a Hold and Fold 5 Speed. I decided I'd rather have 1 tool which would handle small as well as larger items of PE - which is what put me off the Bug.

Just my 2c

Rudi
I bought an Etchmate 3C (the polymer replacement for the metal Etchmate) out of desperation...I needed something and this is all the LHS had besides the Tamiya PE pliers (wasnt sure about those...) and I have to give it a 7 out of possible 10 score. The very first time I used it, I snapped a chunk out of the little folding tool they give you to use instead of a razor blade. That said, its handled small and medium sized PE without any issues.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2010, 08:10 AM

Hi together,

for my "bending jobs" I use a 4" Mk IV RTH (Rotating Tool Head) Workstation from TheSmallShop (http://thesmallshop.com/index.php?ma...=index&cPath=2), but even for really long parts. The most of the little parts are bend with little tongs and tweezers or even with my fingers.

Best from germany
Rafael
Reply With Quote top