Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > planetArmor General

planetArmor General General and Off Topic

Old 06-13-2007, 11:32 AM
vBench

Send a message via Yahoo to David Diaz
Thanks for all the advise! You guys are the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickLawler View Post
David...what Badger are you using? I've got a Badger 200G w/fine tip and needle and like it fine....I switched from the bottom feed and that made everything all better for me.

Rick
Rick, I have a Badger 200, and its been in service for like 11 years now. So do you think gravity feed is better than bottom feed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hall View Post
David, whatever you get I would suggest getting one with a preset feature i.e. you can't pull the trigger past your preset setting. This is really helps you to paint consistent lines.

Iwatas are very nice

Andrew
Yes I was looking into one with a preset feature. So far I prefer single action to double action just because I feel its easier to control the consistency of lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreighshoer View Post
hi david ...

i use a badger 150 and a badger 100 myself but i am thinking of an additional one ... until two weeks ago i absolutely wanted an iwata but then i informed me on evolution airbrushes - they are brilliant!

i'd go for a harder&steenbeck evolution 2in1 ... it costs as much as the iwata cri but has two nozzle types - 0,2 and 0,4mm ... and it's a gravity feed

or better: go for the h&s infinity ... it's my dream of sleepless nights and most probably i'll get myself that one

cheers
Thanks Laura,

I have actually looked up all the models the guys have suggested and so far I think H&S is the way to go.

I checked the site Fletcher suggested (thanks Fletch) but they donít carry H&S, the site Eric suggested has very low prices indeed (thanks Eric( however I didnít see the H&S infinity. I will be looking further into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOJO View Post
sorry to jump like this. If you want me to make an other post i will.

Harder & Steenbeck Airbrush Colani 0.4 mm what about this AB? As I want something with a trigger and bigger cup. Anyone tried it?
No problem at all Ruslan, the discussion is for everyoneís benefits. After all the more aspects we discuss about airbrushes the better we all are.

Thanks to all you guys for the help.

Dave

SCOUTS OUT!

"To know, that is Wisdom.
To use it, is the Art."

- Clive Barker

http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=173
(Click to visit my v-Bench)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2007, 03:05 PM
vBench

David the H&S Infinity can be found here:

http://www.obeeliks.com/index.html?lang=en-gb

Should be listed under:Home > Airbrush > Airbrushes

\Erik

Last edited by holmerz; 06-13-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2007, 03:13 PM
vBench

Quote:
So do you think gravity feed is better than bottom feed?
Depends on what you use it work. For detail, i generally like gf better as you can spray at lower psi. but for general spraying, bf is fine.

I also have a Paasche VLS wich has a preset feature (it's still a dbl. action) It works well for general spraying and is pretty good at detail.

Siim, yeah I like it alot. It can sometimes act up but it is generally a good brush and it serves the purpose I wanted it for.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:39 PM
vBench

Dave, I'm just that lazy...gravity is so much easier for me! I get the color mix I want with my brushes on a test surface, then when I've got it nailed ( 3 drops x, 2 drops y) I just do it all in the AB cup, thin it (50/50 H2O&Windex) using an eye dropper in the cup and go....on the fly I can add a drop of light or dark and keep moving on.

Rick

Vbench
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2007, 03:42 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bates View Post
Ruslan,

I saw this guys stuff a couple of years ago, the airbrushes were really nice. Check them out.

Laz

http://www.grextools.com/grexairbrush/index.php5
saw the link thanks, but didn't really thought much about those ABs.
I liked the new iwata Kustom, but the price is too much for it. I guess we are paying the "Kustom" name. Also saw Gunze Ab the one with a trigger and bigger cup, but getting parts will be an issue. And seeing Hansa'a AB, could the the one to get?

GF and BF, GF is a bit simpler to clean in my opinion, so you may think about that too.

I got Air-pro-Hansa 0.2mm for sale.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2007, 04:05 PM
vBench

You were right those Ab's are great! I was able to see and hold the Colani one and it's very good.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2007, 10:44 PM
die Geisteskranker

Send a message via AIM to Totenhosen
Iwata Custom Micron C+

Only problem is...if you mess up anything inside the nozzle assembly, it costs about half of what you paid for the brush just to get it fixed!

- Beetlejuice
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-02-2007, 06:31 PM
vBench

OK guys, lets talk compressors. I'm thinking of going with something from the Tamiya HG series, and I am wondering what compressor to get. The Iwata smart jet is what I'm interested in now, but the question I have is rather or not the Tamiya brush and Iwata compressor are compatible in terms of connections.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-03-2007, 01:56 AM
vBench

evan - the iwata smart jet is a very good choice! before i bought my honsell compressor i was looking after the iwata compressor (the honsell in fact is a 1:1 clone of the smart jet) and i am absolutely satisfied with that compressor - you will like that pretty babe!

have a look here -> iwata smart jet ... there it is on sale for a very fair price (i just calculated the $ in Ä and in fact there it is 20 euro cheaper than my honsell - doh!)

the connection issue is something special - i spent a whole afternoon to evaluate which adapters i had to order to get the compressor together with my existing brushes, the air hose and the new AB but it is absolutely manageable (mine now are all interchanging with one hose for all) ... in your case i think that you don't need any adapter as if we are talking about this airbrush the connector looks like 1/8'' and that is what the iwata compressor is using ... in any case of doubt send the shop an e-mail and ask what adapters would be needed and you are on the safe side ...

hope that helped

cheers
Old 07-03-2007, 01:13 PM
vBench

Thanks Laura!
Reply With Quote top