Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > planetArmor General

planetArmor General General and Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 05:03 AM
vBench

Hi Larry,

Good to see you're back here. Figured you got the disc? Do you like it? I hope it'll be useful. I've been looking through the collection yesterday, and still found some new interesting stuff there. Loads of diorama ideas.

Cheers, M
Old 09-08-2006, 07:47 AM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
Smile I like Patron.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Hill View Post
Aye, el Jefe, o el Patron if you will lol I got a Dell XPS M1210 (small, but powerful lol) I'm kinda bummed (but not surprised) that Dell introduced that Intel Core 2 Duo right after I ordered mine...I didn't know about it until it was too late lol
~RC
Dell, huh, I may end up getting one of those eventually. not sure in what config yet though. Need to research it more. I was thinking about the new apples, with the Pentium technology, but Photo sop has issues with the new technology so,.............

L
Old 09-08-2006, 07:51 AM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Disc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinD View Post
Hi Larry,

Good to see you're back here. Figured you got the disc? Do you like it? I hope it'll be useful. I've been looking through the collection yesterday, and still found some new interesting stuff there. Loads of diorama ideas.

Cheers, M
Hi Martin,

Yes, I got the disc, right before I moved, Thank you . Still haven't had time to view it. I most likely will do tonight though. Although, I am going to see my friend's new band on it's debut night tonight, "Killer Chihuahua's" is the name. Much of the office should be there. Later.

Larry
Old 09-08-2006, 04:08 PM
vBench

Talking por supuesto, soy el patron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bates View Post
Dell, huh, I may end up getting one of those eventually. not sure in what config yet though. Need to research it more. I was thinking about the new apples, with the Pentium technology, but Photo sop has issues with the new technology so,.............

L
It really is all a matter of taste and preference...I just wanted the lastest and greatest thing (so that it would be good for a long time, at least for as long as it can). Laptop Mag put it up there in the top 10 laptops for back to school. I got it with a 2.16 Ghz Inter Core Duo processor , 2 Gigs of RAM, 100 GIG HD, 256MB nVivida Graphics card, a great CD/DVD combo drive (I can actually burn DVDs on it and make movies with the little digi cam that's attached ), and a ton of other features...I kinda wish the screen was larger on my M1210, but at the same time, I don't care...I can read it just fine...it's like wide screen in apparance when your looking at it...It's small enough to put into my bookbag too (I already have to drag enough crap there to school everyday as it is lol)...the next model up form mine, the M1710, would be cool, but it's WAY to big and flashy, IMO...those stupid flashing lights and all that...no way Jose lol But then again, that's just me

~RC
Old 09-08-2006, 07:26 PM
vBench

Glad to see you back Larry
Old 09-08-2006, 07:27 PM
vBench

Welcome back

Old 09-08-2006, 07:35 PM
vBench

Gday Larry, welcome back!!

RC - I feel your pain! I just bought a new Dell too, this one:

19" monitor, 320g HDD, gig of ram, dual core pentium 3.4ghz, 256mb nvidia geforce video card, dvd player/burner etc.. Cant beat Dell for service, from order to my door in 7 days, set up and back online within an hour of me feverishly cutting the boxes open. All my crapola from my old laptop tranferred over with zero troubles. All i gotta do is deal with the spaghetti factory underneath, which im about to do today.

Larry - couldnt recommend Dell highly enough.. now, back to your panther!
Old 09-08-2006, 07:46 PM
vBench

My girlfriend has pleaded with me to restart work on my panther in regards to the kitten.

L
Old 09-08-2006, 07:49 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Hill View Post
......and a ton of other features...I kinda wish the screen was larger on my M1210, but at the same time, I don't care...I can read it just fine...it's like wide screen in apparance when your looking at it...It's small enough to put into my bookbag too (I already have to drag enough crap there to school everyday as it is lol)...the next model up form mine, the M1710, would be cool, but it's WAY to big and flashy, IMO...those stupid flashing lights and all that...no way Jose lol But then again, that's just me

~RC

RC I hear ya man.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:50 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnickolson View Post
Hey Mike,

Thanks.
Closed Thread