Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Group Builds > Past Group Builds > Sturmgeschuetz Group Build (closed)

Sturmgeschuetz Group Build (closed) StuG III Ausf.G DML Smart Kit - PA Group Build

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfaust View Post
I disagree. From examples of wheels I've seen in various museums, ( I know I know, museum paint jobs can't be trusted) lead me to believe that the inside was left the primer red colour.
Oh, apparently I didn't express myself clearly on this issue. Sorry!

By "overspray" I meant that the original colour would be red and upon that (in places) there would be yellow "overspray", i.e. "spraydust" not actually meant to be there.

I also don't think that the painters would take the extra time to deliberately spray down in between the wheels.

Taking into consideration that the insides of the wheelrims would be worn blank and shiny and the actual gap between the wheel would be red + possibly yellow + grimy & muddy, the wheels are quite a piece of work on their own...

Webmaster for http://www.andreaslarka.net
(Überbesserwisser and official StuG-police!)
Old 02-25-2008, 07:19 AM
vBench

Location: Somewhere near polarbears, reindeers and Santa let loose on Arctic circle..
I planned to leave em red so no overspray. Ain't much gonna be seen anyway. Dust inside and worn paint on rims.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:55 PM
vBench

Location: Somewhere near polarbears, reindeers and Santa let loose on Arctic circle..
Andreaass!!! Saw today pic(Jatkosodan Historia 5) of -8(?) crossing river during lapland war. It has a normal size box?! So not all had cropped box??!! What the h......
Old 03-15-2008, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkoH View Post
What the h......
I nippa-nappa remember seeing the pic. Taken from behind on some kind of ferry? Don't remember the size of the box.

I guess the most important modifications were made first and the less important ones when time permitted. That's why we have to check our references... ;-)

Webmaster for http://www.andreaslarka.net
(Überbesserwisser and official StuG-police!)
Old 03-15-2008, 02:59 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Larka View Post
I nippa-nappa remember seeing the pic. Taken from behind on some kind of ferry? Don't remember the size of the box.

I guess the most important modifications were made first and the less important ones when time permitted. That's why we have to check our references... ;-)
Yeah. That's the one. On page 383. It could also be -6 cause pic ain't that good quality..