Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > planetArmor General

planetArmor General General and Off Topic

Old 02-23-2007, 08:08 AM
vBench

The latest stupid Dragon Armor Club blog...

I posted this over on Missing Lynx, re-posting here just because it really annoyed me. Thoughts?

Normally I just roll my eyes at our good friend blogger-Hiroshi, but the latest blog is so stupid it is beyond ignoring. Here is the post from blogger-Hiroshi on the PMMS review of the AFV Club 251/17 kit.

"Today in the hobby store, I saw Fosters sensei buying a modeling saw. He looked very excited. I thought he was working on kit conversion so I asked him what project he was working on. To my surprise, he told me that the saw is for a new kit. He read the review that the hull needed to be cut into required shape by himself. This is a 'highly recommended' kit so he is very happy and bought a saw for the kit. I was really shocked. It is not year 1977 but year 2007 now, modelers still need a saw to build model? Why didn't the kit maker cut the hull for modelers?"

He is right - AFV Club shouldn't make us cut the hull, but I don't think Dragon's minions should utter a word... take a look at Frank's review right here on Missing Lynx of the M-51 Premium Kit:

"Etched brass side fenders and braces replace the also-included styrene items; this also applies to the front fenders. In this area, whatever medium is chosen, the new lower hull will need trimming where the sponson floors protrude out past the curve in the superstructure casting; this is not mentioned in the instructions."

Maybe Dragon should spend more on engineering themselves, or at least mention what needs to be done in the instructions ...I'm sure AFV Club did at least that!

Good thing he bought that saw, after he is done with the AFV Club kit he can use it on the Dragon M-51 and, while we are at it, the Dragon T-34/85 rear grill cover - you know, the one that Dragon has already molded open on a T-34/76 kit, but was too cheap to include in the new "Premium" T-34/85!

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-23-2007, 08:32 AM
vBench

Send a message via MSN to T140
Only a thought, but if this guy's ditties wind you up so much don't read them. Every one has opinions, and some of those sometimes seem a bit off, but it takes all sorts. The best way to deal with such people is to pay no attention as that's what they crave.
Ignore him. All you are doing is spreading his comments to a wider audiance.

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-23-2007, 08:39 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by T140 View Post
Only a thought, but if this guy's ditties wind you up so much don't read them. Every one has opinions, and some of those sometimes seem a bit off, but it takes all sorts. The best way to deal with such people is to pay no attention as that's what they crave.
Ignore him. All you are doing is spreading his comments to a wider audiance.
Normally I would - but the difference here is the post is on a Dragon sponsored site where the only "bloggers" are Dragon associates. Nobody else can post or reply - in short, it is Dragon's voice to the world. What comes out of "blogger-Hiroshi" is Dragon's words directly. I'm annoyed because I don't think a company should conduct itself in this manner. If it was just on person, who cares. But when it is a company that all of us support with our purchases, they shouldn't be out there behaving like a child.

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-23-2007, 08:47 AM
vBench

I take your point. It's not a site I'm familiar with so haven't read any of the posts on there.
Best way to deal with that is boycot DML and buy other makes. Don't support them with your money.

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-23-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
I'm annoyed because I don't think a company should conduct itself in this manner
I agree with T140. If you are so upset with DML, just don't buy their products. The rest of us are happy to buy a few extra copies.

Business is business and chinese culture and customs are very different from what we are used to. I really doesn't see this as a big issue and I am certainly not going to produce any stomage acid over this.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-23-2007, 10:06 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tordenskiold View Post
Business is business and chinese culture and customs are very different from what we are used to. I really doesn't see this as a big issue and I am certainly not going to produce any stomage acid over this.
Blogger Hiroshi is Japanese......
That said, anyone who lives as near as he does to Akihabara and is proud of the fact should really be ignored...... trust me......

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-23-2007, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Blogger Hiroshi is Japanese......
Maybe so, but the company at issue here is still Chinese and therefore run by chinese business standards, not ?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-23-2007, 11:01 AM
vBench

You know these same post pop up on every modeling site about this guy and his rants (usually in reference to Terry over on PMMS) and quite frankly I could care less. I agree with what Ian said, If you don't like what they are doing just stop buying Dragon products (we all know that won't happen because Dragon will probably announce another "must have kit" here shortly and your boycot will be over). Me I log onto the MDFC site every now and again (there is some good info there), read the blogs and move on. I do not lose an once of sleep over what anybody post there because it is pretty harmless. Just my thought.

Roy
Old 02-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Founder

Welcome to the internet, opinion will happen!
Old 02-23-2007, 11:34 AM
vBench

I think that is the whole point Gordy. Opinion will happen, whether it be on the net or down at your local club. It takes all sorts to make the world go round, and wouldn't it be a boring place if we all thought the same. It is a bit dissapointing if companies take pops at each other, but no need to drop to the same level.

It's only a hobby, so enjoy it and don't let others wind you up. Life is too short !

Only my humble thoughts of course.

Reply With Quote top