Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 07-14-2004, 02:07 PM
vBench

The Dragon Stug 3 and railcar are somewhat nearing completion. I used Archer transfers for the stenciling on the flat car. Still a long way to go with the weathering.

The weathering on the Stug tracks is not even. I noticed this after it was pointed out in a previous post. I need to address this as well as some other things, namely that damn rust that is too prevalent.

I found a suitable base for the dio- but now I do not have enough track to go across it- crap!I have some Verlinden resin rail that may work. I have to dig it out and give it a go. I hope the guage is the same-

A lot more stowage to be added to the Stug and the rail car as well, still being painted and weathered.

Check the rear of the Stug in this photo- see how rusty it looks.
It appears way over the top. (See Next Photo)

The ends of the flat car and the wheels still need more weathering; more filters and some washes should do the trick. Of course, I will spray some MMP Powders near the bottom for the "rail road" dust that seems to be stuck to anything near a rail road. I am liking this more and more as time goes on.

Now check the same area in this photo- it looks much better. It appears more dirty than rusty. This is the lighting trouble I am having. The red tones are really brought out by this flash. When the lighting is right- the model looks much better.

http://www.network54.com/Realm/railcar/7.JPG

After all the weathering, I will go over the metal areas with some graphite and a little silver mixed with burnt umber to tone it down a little; the old Verlinden trick of "metalizing". I will add some light colord MMP Powders to the flat car- weathering the wood. It still looks polished to me. The rust on the Stug is really brought out by the flash- still working on lighting. I need to tone that down when I redo the track weathering to even it out.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-14-2004, 06:26 PM
vBench

Been watching this one on the Message Board.. Looking real good!!! As all your work always does!

I really love the weaterhing on the rail car and barrels!
Reply With Quote top