Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 12-10-2006, 01:34 PM
vBench

Yeah was wondering where you up to in your build.

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-11-2006, 02:26 PM
vBench

Send a message via MSN to T140
Gents, been wading my way through this thread, and that takes some doing as it's pretty long now, but one question.
I have the BR52 kit on order, and am looking at add-ons. As far as quality, accuracy etc etc, what is recond to be best, Voyager or LionRoar ?
If I'm going to buy more goodies they might as well be the right ones !

Also, one other question for Ian. You've said the paint job will be a black engine, suitable scuffy. Will it have the red running gear ? (you may have already said earlier, but there's so much on tis thread !)

Cheers Gents.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Brokeneagle

Hi I'm still alive.

James & Lawrence,
how are you guys ................I'm still working on the train but I haven't done a thing for about 8 days because of work (end of year mahem)and PS2. I have been getting home late and just 'flicking on' the PS2 to wind down. I got a new computer game called Mockba to Berlin and a new PS2 game called Black. Let me just say that the ps2 game 'BLACK' could quite possibly push Modelling off my 'no1 coolest thing' list. It could even beat sex ???? Oh yeah . It is the wickedist, highest rate of fire, great graphics/ game play, ps2 game I have played for quite a while. It is a 'Black OPs' game set in one of the rougue Russian states. The rate of fire on the Mk 10s and the Uzi make you laugh like Dr evil . Everything explodes and falls apart that gets hit by gun fire , which is great during the street battles. Cars blow up, enemy soldiers fall from balconies - balconies disintergrate under a hail of sub-machinegun fire. The game play is very realistic. I'm hooked and now I need to get back to my train.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Brokeneagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by T140 View Post
Gents, been wading my way through this thread, and that takes some doing as it's pretty long now, but one question.
I have the BR52 kit on order, and am looking at add-ons. As far as quality, accuracy etc etc, what is recond to be best, Voyager or LionRoar ?
If I'm going to buy more goodies they might as well be the right ones !

Also, one other question for Ian. You've said the paint job will be a black engine, suitable scuffy. Will it have the red running gear ? (you may have already said earlier, but there's so much on tis thread !)

Cheers Gents.

Ian,
the train will be back with RED wheels and undercarriage. As far as the update sets go I can't eally comment on the Lionroar set but the Voyager set is great.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:55 PM
vBench

Ian
That sounds like a cool game. I am holding off for the PS3 and can't wait to see what new games will be released for it.

I don't know if this has been posted before but here's a walkaround of the BR52 on Prime Portal
http://www.primeportal.net/transport...br_52_home.htm

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...ad.php?t=80360

And some factory shots
http://www.skansen.hg.pl/1/naprawa_ty2953.html

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-15-2006, 06:50 AM
vBench

Quote:
As far as the update sets go I can't eally comment on the Lionroar set but the Voyager set is great.
Thanks Ian. It was more a general question as I've not used products from either company and wondered if one make was generally considered better in terms of quality to the other, not necessarily specific to this kit.

Keep up the running commentary on the bulid, very useful and interesting stuff. Look forward to the next installment !
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-15-2006, 01:13 PM
vBench

Running Gear question - metalizer?

Ian - I've never used the metalizer paints, and have been thinking about trying it for the wheels on this one. I'd thought about doing the outer portions, and then masking and overspraying the centers with the red.

Any advice? Polish before over spraying, etc?

I'm going to try it out on some other stuff first, but wondered what you thought.

Put down the virtual SMG, and leave those poor bad guys alone... your choo-choo needs you.

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-15-2006, 01:26 PM
vBench

Cabin ceiling...

Thanks to Hauptman Quah's leadership to the web site, I think that we can make an educated guess as to the fixtures in the cabin ceiling.

http://data3.primeportal.net/transpo...s_55_of_64.jpg

I think it is the lighting - internal and external - switch box (fuzes as well?). you can see in other photos that the conduit feeds the inernal white light and it looks like a switch assembly to my eye.

Paul

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2006, 03:18 PM
vBench

This is most likely going to be a silly question, but those curved panels each side at the front which stand off the main engine. I understand they are "smoke deflectors", but can't for the life of me see how they can do anything of use at all.
Any ideas ?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-20-2006, 06:55 AM
Brokeneagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by T140 View Post
This is most likely going to be a silly question, but those curved panels each side at the front which stand off the main engine. I understand they are "smoke deflectors", but can't for the life of me see how they can do anything of use at all.
Any ideas ?
Ian,
I think they work this way............. they force incomming air from in front of the train , upwards, beside the smoke stack, which in turn forces the smoke and soot up and over the cabin instead of down the sides etc and into the cab.