Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > New Members, you must Post here first . Introduce yourself or just say hello.

New Members, you must Post here first . Introduce yourself or just say hello. Attention: Newly Registered Members (with a post count of 0), you must make a post in here first before the forum software lets you post in other forums (processing time takes up to an hour). This is to help reduce spambot activity in the other forums.

Old 07-13-2006, 08:39 PM
vBench

Hello Everybody,

I just recently discovered this site and it looked like a nice commonity so I decided to join. My name is Ralph and I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin where I'm a PhD student at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

I've been modeling on again and off again since I was 7 years old and built Monogram's 1/32 M3 Grant with the help of my uncle who was and still is my mentor in this hobby. I built 1/35th armor throughout my childhood and switched to 1/72 aircraft in my early teens. I then discovered sex, drugs and rock&roll and didn't build anything for a few years. I returned to the hobby again about 3 years ago when I got a Tamiya T-34 as a birthday gift. These days I'm busy with school and my profession so I don't have as much time for modeling as I would like, but I try to get a kit worked on whenever I can. I still build the occasional aircraft in 1/72, but I focus mostly on WWII armor. Most recently I began to collect the ever growing line of 1/48 afv kits being released by Tamiya, Skybow, Hobby-Boss, etc., as these kits really fit well into my limited build times, and even more so, my limited shelf space
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2006, 10:36 AM
vBench

Hello,

Rod Dumouchel here I have been pokeing around this site for a while now. I have got a vbench set up just need to add my current project to it. My main interests are WWII AFV's and some Scence Fiction stuff (SF3D/Ma.k).

Rod

Last edited by sherman-vc; 09-16-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-19-2006, 05:04 AM
Ebbe Bergman

Send a message via MSN to Ebbe Bergman
darn...well I have bein around for some time here...but I rather introduce my self so I have done it anyway.
My nick here is my real name. I´m a student and going to a program where I become purchaser and supply chain manager. I turend 26 at the 4th of september this year. Well...hm...I´m a former costal ranger and have worked like 4 years before I went to school again. Have studied law, engineering and now I´m into economics. I can speak except my language wich is Swedish, German, Spanish and ofcourse English. I think I want to learn French allso so I can work for the EU comission.

I have bein modelling since I was 12 I think and that would be around 14 years. But it is at the latter part of my modelling time I have evoled in to using PE and such.

I think Sam and Andy was talking about Planet armor on Missing lynx and I went here to look it up. I was thrilled that there was so many here and I could have a own workbench so I applied right away. It took some time before I discovered how to use my digitcamera. I show just snappshots not the close nice ones with like 2 centimeters from the tank. But I hope you all see what I´m building.

My main interest is German armor from WW2. I sculp some figures and is in the learning process of doing that. Modern stuff is not my style becouse the war we got today is not that spectacular or so historical as the battles in WW2! I know I will get some punches for that statement but that´s what I think.
But I promiss I will do a modern tank before I die =OD
Best regards!
Ebbe

Last edited by Ebbe Bergman; 09-19-2006 at 05:07 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-16-2006, 04:27 AM

Hi all,
I am a student in year 7 My name is Sebastian. I have been into modelling for as long as I can remember I am 13. I like cars the company/maker I like is VW and my dad owns 1974 VW Passat a unique car because its so rare here in Canberra. The models I make are mainly armour and the occasional aircraft. I am doing my first "figure" General Guderian which came with the Pz.Kpfw. IV that I am currently bulding the DML 3 in 1 ausf. e.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-16-2006, 06:42 AM
vBench

Hi Everyone,
I am Alex from Melbourne Australia. Finally stopped lurking and joined 14/10/06. I have been a regular viewer of this excelent site for quite a while now. My first model was built way back in the mid sixties, so you can guess how old I am If you wish. I have been a member of IPMS Australia since 1983, and have met some wonderful friends thanks to my participation at the club. I mainly build 1/35 scale armour, and I am mortally afflicted with Shermanitis (this prevents you from being able to close any cupboards in your house, because they are full of model Sherman bits). Having said this, I also build all types of armour (mainly ww2), and dabble in aircraft from time to time. Glad to be finally aboard this very enjoyable and usually relaxed site. Thanks to Mic B and Sam Dwyer for sugesting I sign on.

All the Best to all who post here.
Alex.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2006, 10:50 AM

Send a message via MSN to Inq_Razeil
yo im still in school year 11. planning to go into the RAF to be a fighter pilot. hopefully fly the typhoon (EF2000) i know loads about fighters due to playing games like ace combat etc. my dad is over at planet figure (Paul Blaber) he is a brilliant painter so is my step dad (Derek Hansen) hope you guys may know them or there work and im following in there foot steps in painting.

please visit my website:
http://www.freewebs.com/razeil
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2006, 10:52 AM

Send a message via MSN to Inq_Razeil
Oh yes im now working on my panther g (late version) 1:25 boy its big. bigger than my baneblade and that dawfs models lol!

please visit my website:
http://www.freewebs.com/razeil
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-06-2006, 03:02 PM
vBench

New member from Austria

Hello everybody!
Itīs not really true that I am a newcomer, because I have linked up some time ago. Now after the brush-up of the fora I came back as "Wikinger".
(Maybe some will remember.)

My "normal name" is Georg Schachinger and I live in Vienna/Austria. I am married and apart from that I "own" two children, a mother-in-law and a turtle.
My hobbies besides modelling are being webmaster of a model-website, called "Wikingers Panzermodellbau", which is also available in English language (http://www.panzermodellbau.com/index_en.html)
and history especially concerning WWII.

I am looking forward to pollinating contacts and to learning new fellow modellers.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-06-2006, 07:25 PM
vBench

Hello everybody!
My name is Tom but my friends call me Balki. Yes, there is more than one person claiming to be my friend.
Anyway... I am new here (joined yesterday). I build armor in 35th scale and mostly from the eastern front. I do have a few Shermans in my collection but I only got as far as opening the boxes and that was the end of my Sherman adventures.
Once in a while I will venture into a 48th scale armor and paint a figure or two but nothing really to be proud of.
Here I am....

and here is the corner of the room where my wife allows me to play with models

See you around
Balki
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-23-2006, 07:23 AM

Hello. Long time lurker here. So decided to sign up. Love the builds on the vBenches.

My Scale Model site ...
Reply With Quote top