Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 01-05-2012, 09:44 AM
vBench

Send a message via AIM to chadperkins
Any pics of the transformer that is mounted above and to the right of the batteries?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-05-2012, 10:02 AM
vBench

Any pics of the transformer that is mounted above and to the right of the batteries?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-05-2012, 09:11 PM
vBench

Update.... vision ports are pretty nice right out of the box but i did opt for the thinner handles provided by the griffin update.

as you can see, i didn't bother with the knock out marks on the under side of the front hull roof area. just seemed like a waste of time since you can't see any of it. the machine gun mount is odd, not sure why it was angled like this instead of being flush against the hull but that's how it should be so go figure.

added some wiring/conduits to the firewall fittings per my limited references.

since torben provided such wonderful references, i felt obligated to oblige and add a few details that i hadn't really planned on. first, the rear of the radio bin got a scratch built and somewhat simplified transformer and some conduit.

after that i decided to go ahead and scratch build batteries. i went with a typical german sized battery as per torben's suggestion. it's just evergreen stuff with some mr surfacer on top to soften all the details a bit. again, it's pretty hidden away up under there so i didn't worry much about it being perfect (ie: i didn't want to spend days building it since you can't tell much about it once assembled), but i'm satisfied with it in a pinch.

i still have to do the battery cables and stems but i'm not exactly sure how they attach to the hull side fittings there. i have some scetchy references but i'm still pondering on that one. need to also add a couple bolt details on the mount and straighten the wing nut as you can see
i put off the rear deck air vents as long as i could until i just couldn't resist anymore and i installed those. these things were a major aggravation but they are awesome when compared to the kit parts.

i've been working on the upper hull armor plates also but they are a pain. it's two normal thickness sheets of PE that have to be soldered together to form one thicker armored plate. i did both sides and got bored with it and moved on to something else. i'll get to the rear hinged plate next and then put all those pieces in place. that, along with finished up the remaining wiring bits is all that i lack on the interior i believe...... as always, i welcome your comments and critiques.
Reply With Quote top
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chadperkins For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2012, 01:00 AM

Looking fantastic.

Thank you for the update.

AWD

my twitter https://twitter.com/#!/alexwence
my 'Attention To Detail' blog: http://scratch-builder.blogspot.com/
Modelers Alliance 'Masters Classes':http://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/alex-de-leon
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-07-2012, 10:14 PM
panamadan

Great work Chad! Glad to see that you added the batteries-no you have a reason to open up they front hull hatch.
Dan
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2012, 07:49 AM
vBench

Looks
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2012, 03:33 PM
vBench

Send a message via Skype™ to Torben Nielsen
I believe this was what you where looking for, two pictures of the main switch. Dont ask me how the cables where connected, but most likely to the batteries )

Are you gonna display the left ammobin open or closed? If open, then these are two pictures of the inside - just in case.

Hope it helps.

Torben

Last edited by Torben Nielsen; 01-08-2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: added more pictures
Reply With Quote top
Users like Torben Nielsen's post!
Old 01-08-2012, 03:46 PM
vBench

that's some awesome pics man. i found some pretty good ones for reference but not as good as these. i'll try to put them to good use.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2012, 09:55 PM
vBench

worked on the battery wires yesterday before these great pics were posted. fortunately, i'm close enough that i'm good with it. could always do more but in the end you can't really see this area in any detail anyway so i think i'm done with it. two of the cables are grounds and are grounded to the chasis and the other two to to that junction on the left. i just terminated the lines on the front side since this will not be visible.

finally got this upper armor plate sorted out..... as i said before, all 3 plates are double thickness so i had to hastle with soldering them together all around the seems to make one plate. these were supposed to be welded to the hull so i had to add a weld seam even though only the one side will be visible after the large tool box is put on. i went ahead put on the bases for the tie downs but not the actual rings because they would undoubtedly get broken off so that will come much later.

not sure if i have anything left before paint on the interior but i'll let is sit for a few days to think on it to be sure i'm not forgetting anything. if anyone has any input at this stage let's hear it. will be too late soon......
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-09-2012, 04:45 PM
vBench

Send a message via Yahoo to Markus
Great build Chad. I really enjoy reading and watching your Blogs!
Reply With Quote top