Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > New Members, you must Post here first . Introduce yourself or just say hello.

New Members, you must Post here first . Introduce yourself or just say hello. Attention: Newly Registered Members (with a post count of 0), you must make a post in here first before the forum software lets you post in other forums (processing time takes up to an hour). This is to help reduce spambot activity in the other forums.

Old 12-21-2006, 03:34 PM
vBench

Send a message via MSN to T140
Gun barrels

For my ADGZ model I will need 1 x 2cm KWK 35L/45 and 2 x MG34 gun barrels. The white metal ones in the kit aren't very good, so i fancy some brass jobbies.

There was a post recently promoting Adlers Nest, and they look great. However, their web site is all Japanese, with the only bit in English saying that they supply their home market only.

So, how do I get some good looking brass barrels for my kit ? Any other suppliers that you lot can recomend, who preferably sell on line ?

By the way, the kit has an option for one of the MG34's to be replaced with a Schwarz Loose MG, whatever the heck that is ?

p.s. suppliers at sensible prices please

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-21-2006, 04:17 PM
vBench

Hobby Link Japan carries Adler's Nest:

www.hlj.com
Old 12-21-2006, 05:47 PM
vBench

Ian,
Mission Models here in the US carries Alders Nest and Amourscale. I have the Alder "Late MG34" and the AS (Early 34) both are great!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-22-2006, 02:08 AM
vBench

Thanks gents.

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2007, 02:23 PM
vBench

Smile

ok, postie delivered the Armorscale bits today, 2 x MG34 and the 20mm KwK.
From this pic you score 10 points if you can tell which are the ones from the kit and which are from AS. Tricky one huh.

The only minor snags are that the barrels for the MG34's are a tight fit in the sleves. Could be a problem once painted. Maybe I need to rub the barrels down a tad first. Also, there is a tiny PE fret with the 20mm, but no idea where the bits go ! Mind you, looks good without them.

Now, as for the cone muzzle on the othe rgun I am going to try heating up some thin styrene and pulling it down over a pointy obect (good technical stuff here guys). If that works then all I need do is cut the cone off to size. Well, it's worth a try

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2007, 02:56 PM
vBench

Those are some sweet looking barrels.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:40 PM
vBench

Ian

I believe the PE parts are for the gun barrel sights. Those white metal barrels are rubbish!

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-05-2007, 09:53 PM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
Hi Ian,

Sorry Lawrence, but I think this is the older 20mm gun like on the 222. I believe the pe bits go around the barrel like so.........check the site of armorscale........

Larry

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-05-2007, 10:09 PM
vBench

Laz is right.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:50 PM
vBench

Thanks Laz...I was just guessing

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top