Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > New Members, you must Post here first . Introduce yourself or just say hello.

New Members, you must Post here first . Introduce yourself or just say hello. Attention: Newly Registered Members (with a post count of 0), you must make a post in here first before the forum software lets you post in other forums (processing time takes up to an hour). This is to help reduce spambot activity in the other forums.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:59 AM
vBench

Back in business

It has been a long time, but finally after some thirty years, yes 30 years, I have finally come round to re-joining that wonderful breed - the military modeller.

Back in the day there were no PE sets, replacements tracks, barrels and whatever else there is out there which I have yet to discover. In those days it was the kits on the market with good old craftsmanship to add that little extra detail - all scratch built from plastic card, rod, stretched sprue and whatever else one could get one's hands on.

How times have changed.

Now I find myself having purchased a few kits, scouring the internet for reviews, build blogs, aftermarket detailing sets.

So I will shortly be embarking on this new journey of building kits, superdetailing them, painting them and then moving on to the next one.

The stash is growing (again courtesy of the internet and ebay) and varies from WWII German and Allied Forces to Cold War to Modern. Where to start, that is my next dilemma.

The current stash:
Tamiya Sd.Kfz 251/1 D - Stuka Fuss
Tamiya Sd.Kfz 250/9
Dragon Sd.Kfz 250/8
Dragon Sd.Kfz 250/11
Tamiya Pz IV H
Tamiya Pz III N (with PE set!!)
Tamiya M2 Bradley (with interior) - the sprockets are a real dilemma
Tamiya Quad + 25 pdr
Tamiya Sd.Kfz 232 8 Rad - an older but a beauty
Tamiya M113
Tamiya M1A1 Abrams with mine plough
Tamiya Sherman M4A3
Tamiya Flak 37/37

That's it for now - wish me luck.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-25-2011, 05:51 AM

Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdB View Post
It has been a long time, but finally after some thirty years, yes 30 years, I have finally come round to re-joining that wonderful breed - the military modeller.

Back in the day there were no PE sets, replacements tracks, barrels and whatever else there is out there which I have yet to discover. In those days it was the kits on the market with good old craftsmanship to add that little extra detail - all scratch built from plastic card, rod, stretched sprue and whatever else one could get one's hands on.

How times have changed.

Now I find myself having purchased a few kits, scouring the internet for reviews, build blogs, aftermarket detailing sets.

So I will shortly be embarking on this new journey of building kits, superdetailing them, painting them and then moving on to the next one.

The stash is growing (again courtesy of the internet and ebay) and varies from WWII German and Allied Forces to Cold War to Modern. Where to start, that is my next dilemma.

The current stash:
Tamiya Sd.Kfz 251/1 D - Stuka Fuss
Tamiya Sd.Kfz 250/9
Dragon Sd.Kfz 250/8
Dragon Sd.Kfz 250/11
Tamiya Pz IV H
Tamiya Pz III N (with PE set!!)
Tamiya M2 Bradley (with interior) - the sprockets are a real dilemma
Tamiya Quad + 25 pdr
Tamiya Sd.Kfz 232 8 Rad - an older but a beauty
Tamiya M113
Tamiya M1A1 Abrams with mine plough
Tamiya Sherman M4A3
Tamiya Flak 37/37

That's it for now - wish me luck.

Ed

EdB

Welcome to planetarmor and welcome back to the model building world.

Your vBench is set so that when you start to build from your "stash", you can post in vBench.

Wishing you luck and looking forward to your many model builds here on planetarmor.

AWD

my twitter https://twitter.com/#!/alexwence
my 'Attention To Detail' blog: http://scratch-builder.blogspot.com/
Modelers Alliance 'Masters Classes':http://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/alex-de-leon
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-25-2011, 04:03 PM
vBench

Nice little stash you got going there. Have fun and lets see some work (who am I to talk right?).

Roy