Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 03-16-2005, 02:59 PM
vBench

This model is advancing in it's own pace, too. At first I was tempted to convert this to March'45 version but as no one-link tracks and 18-teeth drive sprockets are available, I decided to build this as Jan-Feb'45 version.

Here is some of the things done so far.
Back plate is modified quite heavily as wooden jack block and jack itself are deleted. I also have removed towing hooks? and opened started crank hatch.

Engine deck is in halfway now with some painting done. PE grilles added as well as fire extinguisher got some detail parts, too. All the tool holes in turret and hull are going to be filled with putty. I'll make all tool holders from Part PE set or sb. Fuel venting pipes are added to front, rear ones are on workbench. Pilz were relocated to correct places for late version. Spare antenna holder from right side was removed and will be sb. Some stretched sprue was added to turret and hull to simulate weld seams.

Here I have glued Schatton brass gun to gun shield. I did have also Aber barrel but it would have been mode difficult to use so I decided to it another day. Front mud guards were cut off as well as periscope covers. I added periscopes from plastic and covers from Part PE. Rain guard added to gunner's periscope opening. Also driver/radist hatches puttied to convert them to late version.

I know that pics aren't best possible but I'm learning to use my new digicamera which has much better macro than my earlier camera. So hopefully quality of pics will improve. I don't do much editing for pics, just resizing and autocorrecting colors. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Niko
Old 10-11-2005, 01:25 PM
vBench

This is getting along with the other project. I'm adding more PE to this model so it's going to be a bit more tedious.
I added already cutters by Part. As you can see, those are quite flat so I'll try to add some dimension with thick paint or super glue. I'm going to leave all fenders off this one so I have added fender brackets to sides. I lost one to carpet monster so small bit of styrene was needed There is fuel vent lines added to both sides.

Rear wall is stripped from jack block and jack itself so those holes were filled. I opened a starter crank hole. I'm not where I'm going with that one but we'll see :lol: Maybe a broken down T2 with desperate starting procedures?

Niko
Old 10-11-2005, 08:27 PM
vBench

Quote:
Here I have glued Schatton brass gun to gun shield. I did have also Aber barrel but it would have been mode difficult to use so I decided to it another day.
What is the construction for the Schatton barrel...are they muzzle brake opening dimension same as the Aber's...
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2005, 03:08 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally posted by Flak@Oct 11 2005, 08:27 PM

What is the construction for the Schatton barrel...are they muzzle brake opening dimension same as the Aber's...
Hi,
Schatton is one piece barrel. I'll send a compare-pic today.

Br,
Niko
Old 10-12-2005, 03:48 AM
vBench

Quote:
Hi,
Schatton is one piece barrel. I'll send a compare-pic today.
That GREAT :lol:
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2005, 05:11 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally posted by Flak@Oct 12 2005, 03:48 AM

That GREAT :lol:
Hi,
here is one:

As you can see, Aber is somewhat shorter. Other than that there is no big differences. Both are equally difficult to install

Niko
Old 10-12-2005, 05:17 AM
vBench

Last night I started doing cover for shell ejection hole. What was almost impossible, was to find a suitable round piece! My tools are obviously too limited to reproduce round discs ranging from 3,5 mm to 10 mm. Punch and die set operates below that and larger ones can be done with knife and round schablones.
Finally I managed to make one from PzIII's idler axel :lol: No, part was taken from scrap box, not from actual model.

I added some plastic parts also to simulate closing mechanism.
And as can be seen, I'm going to open rear hatch also! Madness is spreading

Niko
Old 10-12-2005, 06:52 AM
vBench

Added some PE holders for tow cable/barrel cleaners. Those look just a tad oo big but I'm too lazy to scratchbuild them:

barrel cleaner rods are made of steel rod. Cutting them was challenging as pliers tend to flatten them. Finally got those right and glued small wire to other end.

Towing clevis holders glued in place. Actually these holders should be different but too laxy me again :lol:

More to follow,

Niko
Old 10-12-2005, 08:33 AM
vBench

Quote:
As you can see, Aber is somewhat shorter. Other than that there is no big differences. Both are equally difficult to install
Thanks Niko...I saw the different between them...it looks Schatton is better than the Aber...
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2005, 05:27 PM
vBench

Well,
rear plate wasn't so hard after all. I scavenged locking clasps from DML's Panther G model which has some extra parts for Jagdpanther. Steel cover plate was a bit harder but with creativity I managed to make one that looks close enough.

Niko