Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 11-04-2008, 06:52 AM
vBench

Great work always...Siim
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2008, 11:06 AM
vBench

Wow, so many responses and great words...Thank you all very much!

About the welds.... I suggest you look at this tutorial:

http://armorama.com/modules.php?op=m...icle&artid=485

I also got some tool making inspiration etc from this one:

http://armorama.com/modules.php?op=m...icle&artid=220

I am a bit short on time myself and it would really mean I have to duplicate these fine tutorials.

The flame cut texture was actually really simple to make. I used a hobby saw, which is far far to coarse and big for plastic modeling. tilted the blade some 30 degrees or so so it would just scrape and not remove too much material. Then you just pull the saw in one direction and it should make a groove thingy. Just do this quite rapidly and you should end up with a nicely rough surface. Remember not to add too much pressure as you want to damage the surface, but not remove too much plastic. I will do a tutorial as soon as I have time.

Siim

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2008, 11:25 AM
vBench

Send a message via Yahoo to David Diaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzergrenadier View Post
The flame cut texture was actually really simple to make. I used a hobby saw...
Siim
Aren't you clever? Outstanding work Siim. Now on to the paint job and make sure it gets the finish it deserves.

dave

SCOUTS OUT!

"To know, that is Wisdom.
To use it, is the Art."

- Clive Barker

http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=173
(Click to visit my v-Bench)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2008, 03:31 PM
vBench

Interior...

Not to hijack Siim's discussion:

Okay - and this is heavily dependent on discussions with LQ, so he gets most of the credit. It's lunch at work, so I'm going from memory.

Sources: I started with the usual suspects from Kubinka, but these show no rear stowage or bench. I went with using a figure to replicate the approximate height of a figure standing in the hatch as seen in photos, and how tall it should have been. By my calculations it worked out to be a little taller than the 150mm round so I built is as such, going with a flip up bench that runs the width of the back portion.

LQ, then reminded me of a couple of terribly obscured Ebay shots (rubber bands, legos, assorted crap, etc.) that showed up last year, and an PE set (name?) with a not workable solution, but that made partial sense, and helped me figure out the side stowage.

Ultimately, I made the bench/stowage the height of a full size round <speculation on my part>, plus the height of powder casing stowage box, with a left and right lid <all shown in the Ebay photo>. The side stowage only holds 26 rds (13 on each side), with some signs of additional verticle stowage on the kubinka model, on the floor in the loaders position. Even if you could get six rounds in there, it still needs room for six more for the basic load. As I don't think there was functional space along the gunner/TC side, right or wrong, I'm showing that as round racking under the rear bench.. along with 7.92mm linked stowage. Still haven't made the guess on the MG34 stowage. I placed the MP38 and mag pouches on the rear wall but the lego shots look like it is junction boxes for comms.

Access? Path of least resistance... usually through the top hatches, but in more risky area the rear hatch is completely usable once the rear platform/bench is in place. Pictures at some point

Back to Siim and our regularly scheduled programming..

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2008, 04:00 PM
vBench

Thanks for that Paul, and look forward to the pics. bitte entschuldigen Sie, Siim.

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP

Last edited by James Tainton; 11-04-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2008, 04:25 PM
vBench

All this info is most welcome, thanks for taking the time to write it. The point James raised is most interesting and I hadn't really given much though to this before. Paul feel free to post any material that could illustrate your post as I am a bit confused right now. I can't quite imagine how it all looked like.

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-08-2008, 01:28 AM
vBench

Interior

or my version, anyway... Siim - thanks for the space

Pardon the pic quality, but I am playing around with the new booth but don't have the overhead lamp or the parchment in place yet. Hopefully you'll get the idea.

The cartridge boxes are the ribbed assemblies running across the back half of the hull.

Some conclusions, thanks to the insights of LQ:
- the after market set has the ribbed stowage boxes seen in the Kubinka shots (the ones placed in the round stowage area) mounted on the back wall.
- this doesn't fit logically - which is reinforced by the recent goofy Ebay shot showing a horizontal stowage box, the depth of a single casing
- while not sure where they belong, they don't seem to match the configuration, and may be from a different vehicle?
Notations courtesy of LQ:

Does this help?

Reply With Quote top