Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 08-16-2007, 11:17 PM
vBench

Cyber Hobby Panzer IV-F1 Vorpanzer

Go this delivered today by Fed-Ex.
Funny thing is one of the local hobby shops (Magic Box) had these two weeks ago!?
Thing is yesterday I missed the other half of the delivery-the Panzer II/F.
Hopefully I will get that one tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	l_CHC6398_MFU1.jpg
Views:	1576
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	1524  

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2007, 11:34 PM
vBench

Wow, didn't know they were shipping the IIF yet. I ordered mine the day they started taking orders and I haven't recieved any notification of shipping yet. Lucky you.

Roy
Old 08-17-2007, 05:09 AM
vBench

Holy freaking Jesus James !!!
This Pz IV is totally Awesome !!!
Nice choice

Best Regards
CADU SOUZA
Feel us shift, every move we trace
Hunt you down without mercy
Hunt you down all nightmare long
Luck. Runs!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-17-2007, 06:43 AM
vBench

I'm getting my panzer IV F1 at the KMK scaleworld event, next month
Is it as good as it looks James?
Jan
Old 08-19-2007, 03:56 AM
vBench

Nice one James. You're lucky to get the Panzer II/F (or maybe the mailman), as it seems it's not going to available in the states. Did you do the artwork for the Panzer II/F?
How much are these Cyber-hobby kits in the states, 'couse in Europe they're quite expensive.

\Erik
Old 09-13-2007, 10:25 PM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to sharkmouth Send a message via AIM to sharkmouth Send a message via MSN to sharkmouth Send a message via Yahoo to sharkmouth Send a message via Skype™ to sharkmouth
Here are some sprue shots...

WARNING! Huge photos which I have not resized yet:

Regards,

Saúl García
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
It is why it is called The Present!
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-14-2007, 05:22 AM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to sharkmouth Send a message via AIM to sharkmouth Send a message via MSN to sharkmouth Send a message via Yahoo to sharkmouth Send a message via Skype™ to sharkmouth
I just noticed that one of the Treasure Hunt parts, B47, is not in this release. It really isn't an issue as it is not needed even for the 'expert modeler' (the term used on MDFC). However, my spares box always looks hungry!

The rest does look the part!

FYI, I bought this from Dragon Models USA Online shop instead of the Pz II since I thought it to be a better deal. I am glad I did!

Regards,

Saúl García
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-15-2007, 04:56 PM

How does this compare with the DML Ausf.E? Or their F1, for that matter. I'm going to be buying one or the other once I get my E built . . .

Cheers
Scott Fraser
Calgary
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-15-2007, 05:15 PM
vBench

Hi Scott,

It is a 'Smart Kit' meaning that they are after Tamiya in fit and molding quality. This is achieved by using less parts, less PE, and more slide molding. Going by James F2 (Early G) blog, it is a GREAT kit. It measures well to the best plans available and the detail is all there.

Comparing it to their Pz IV Ausf E mit Vorpanzer, it is a simpler kit without articulating suspension and some of the tiny features mentioned in the instructions. However, as I stated before, they are all included except for part B47. I will not compare it to the original Pz IV E as it is not fair to anyone. That kit was relegated as a parts donor for my projects.

I am not sure if you meant their F-1 or the older F-1 in your post. I already have mentioned the F-2 (Early G). The Ausf F-1 (actually plain Ausf. F) from their Imperial Line was based on Gunze Sangyo molds and the dimensions are spot on but the kit suffered from sink marks, VERY simplified turret hatches, absolutely no interior, stainless steel (hard to use) PE and the cannon did not have rifling. This release, although only offering a plastic version, is pin molded with serrations to represent rifling. Since the mold halves are spot on, a light buffing to eliminate the faint seam lines and I would save the expense of a metal barrel.

Many of the Early G (called F-2 by Dragon) and mid G parts are still on the sprues but the one with the recuperator armor (and part B47) is missing. The Vorpanzer is from the redone Ausf E mit Vorpanzer. For the price I paid, I am glad I passed on the PzKpfw II Ausf. F and got this one instead. I have some Hungarian markings to put it in...(another partially build kit gathers dust - the Imperial Line Ausf. F until I find some captured or exported markings for it).

I hope this helps,

Saúl García
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2007, 12:55 AM

Thanks Saul.

Since posting my question, I've learned that CyberHobby and DML are one and the same, which eases my mind. I really like the DML Ausf.E, although I'm a bit taken aback by "over 1000 parts". Gulp. I haven't built a tank model in many years, and am astonished at the difference between this DML kit and the old Monogram kit, which I remember as a wonderful kit.

I'm dating myself . . . I used to build a lot of tanks, then went on an airplane jag for many years. About ten or twelve years ago, after superdetailing many 1/72 scale aircraft, I tried my hand at a Tamiya T-34/85 on a dare. I ended up sanding the superstructure smooth and redetailing it, adding well over 500 scratchbuilt parts (not including track links). I cast new road wheels and tracks, made new fenders from shim stock, and went nuts trying to build the fuel racks — 21 parts for each of the three fuel cells, all fabricated from styrene, resin and beer can with Grandt Line rivets. And so on. I took it to a contest in Vancouver and it never got a second look (no Balkenkreuz or Maple Leaf). I was disgusted, and went back to painting instrument panels for 1/72 scale aircraft.

So now I'm scratching an itch to build a tank model, after four or five years in model railroading. I'm at a loss to sort out all the new products, and looking to get the most accurate, best detailed, most complete kits for my dollars. It's been fifteen years (since the Tamiya Ausf.D came out) since I followed armour modelling, and it's hard to know where to begin. I've been reading reviews for a couple of weeks now, and still can't keep things straight. Your help is appreciated.

Cheers

Scott
Reply With Quote top