Old 08-15-2004, 04:32 PM

Here is the first step in accurizing and detailing the Italeri M4A3 (W) Late Production turret. Much more putty contour work will be done as well as casting marks and complete retexturing.

I keep finding more and more USMC Sherman photos..."AAAAGGGHHHH When will it stop..." Here are a few of them. I will be posting more at my hardcorpsmodels.com website this week.

This tank "KNAVE" is shown on Saipan in June 1944. It has hit a mine and lost the track on the right side. Note the wild swirling camoflauge applied to this vehicle and the shot to pieces state of the wooden side hull armor. This unit did not use the layer of concrete between the wood and the tanks sponson armor. Note that the turret is the earlier version minus the shell ejection port.

This shot of "Knave2" was taken on Namur in the Marshall Islands on February 2, 1944, while supporting the 24th Marines.

"Gooney Boid" rolls on while M3 Satan Flametanks are busy working in the distance. (Saipan)

On Peleliu, these two USMC Late production M4A2's have become stuck after trying to maneuver around each other and a mine.

Another shot of one of the two tanks in the photo above, shows the crew trying to figure out how to get their tank recovered. To the right of the tank is the remains of a Japanese Toyota truck that has been destroyed.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-17-2004, 10:26 AM
vBench

Fantastic wartime USMC Pacific War photos of M4A2's Dave ! I'm wondering now if you have a plan to put these into print in a future AFVisual book(s) ?

I'm really enjoying this site, and I only wish I had more time to post more often.

Cheers !

Alpen
Reply With Quote top