Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 07-23-2009, 04:39 PM
vBench

Send a message via AIM to chadperkins
Not much actually, been working on the engine compartment mostly and should have that finished up soon. Mostly just been playing golf. Have a tee time at Pebble Beach next month while on vacation so I'm pretty distracted. I'll get back on this afterwards. Once I get the interior buttoned up, it should go along faster....... Thanks for the continued interest, it's been a while since my last update.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-23-2009, 05:11 PM
vBench

Wonderful..Really wonderful...
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2009, 07:36 AM
vBench

Small update guys. As I said before, I'm too busy playing outside to enjoy much modelling this time of year but I have worked on the Marder a little bit. I forgot to add any pics of the hatches before I primed them but here they are.

The kit parts of bascially just flat so I made the pads with evergreen sheet and a hold punch and thent tried to rout out the holes with a round file. They aren't perfect but again, much better than the nothing that the kit give you. I glued down the front plate finally to close in the interior.... That was a big step in my mind at least..... Next up was the interior of the rear plate. This appears to be innocent enought but those latches are pretty fiddly.....

After that construction was finished up, the interior assemblies were mostly done so I decided to glue the ones in place that I was planning to attach before painting. Here it is with everything glued down.

After this was done (hopefully the hardest parts are over), I went back into the engine compartment and tried to finish it up. Lots of debate on the color schemes inside these little buggers and I'm sure mine will be questioned by some but it seems logical to me. It's not the best place for photography and as I begin to dry fit the upper hull and hatches, it's not going to be all that visible either but what you will be able to see should look presentable now.

I do have a few questions for you guys if you could help me out. I need some insight into the colors on the shell tips. There are two types that I'll be using..... The rounded head and then the shorter pointy head (refer back to older pics to see what I'm talking about). What colors should these be painted? Also, having trouble locating the fire extinguisher. The aber parts are not for the early model and they appear to have been different? Perhaps not but the instructions are fairly vague and I can't really figure out how it should fit. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-10-2009, 07:43 AM
vBench

Thought I'd drop in and say how good this is looking . The clamp to hold the travel lock up is a work of art and something that small would be beyond my old eyes these days, very well done. Also the pads on the hatches look good too, a lot of extra work going into this one .
Regards Steve

Life's so very funny, you just need to remember to laugh [note to the clowns].

Why would the clowns not let people into the tent? What's the point of the show if they don't? .
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-10-2009, 08:04 PM
vBench

...exceptional job on the interior...top work..congratulations!

Luiz.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-11-2009, 02:45 AM
vBench

Gun compartment looks amazing. Engine looks good too. Maybe I will sell my Marder H and I buy Ausf.M
Old 08-13-2009, 07:34 PM
vBench

I know some of you guys have to have an answer for me on the ammo color question..... just need to know the colors for the different types of rounds. Most of the ones I see are black which may be the correct color for all of them but they are different so I just wanted to see if anyone had any insight. Also, the other question about where to locate teh fire extinguisher af teh front left in the fighting compartment needs to be addressed. The instructions are vague and the aber part doesn't seem to want to fit where the instructions look like it should be positioned. If anyone can help with either of those, I'd appreciate it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-13-2009, 09:50 PM
vBench

great work
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2009, 12:40 AM
vBench

Well done!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2009, 08:21 AM
vBench

Hey Chad,

Really nice build, and your early interior paintwork looks spot on to me.

Regarding the shells, I don't have the answers, but I did a quick Google search using:
German PAK Shells and got some results that my lead you to your answer. Hit "Images" on the top to get some quick photo/drawing references.

No clue about the fire extinguisher, but you might give a shout on Sammy's site - they are about all things German:

http://www.schwerpunkt.com.au/

Baby steps....hope it helps.
Rick

Vbench
Reply With Quote top