Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Group Builds > Past Group Builds > Sturmgeschuetz Group Build (closed)

Sturmgeschuetz Group Build (closed) StuG III Ausf.G DML Smart Kit - PA Group Build

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 12:02 PM
vBench

Tamiya StuG III Ausf. B

as mentioned i started with the ausf b yesterday!

the working suspension is a dream and very clever realised!

today i focused on the interior and painted it as i want to build all hatches open (well only those of the fighting compartment)

in the photos the interior looks far more dirty than it is in reality but no one will see the details anyway when finished and with figures added

cheers
Old 02-12-2008, 01:23 PM
vBench

Send a message via Skype™ to AfRiKaKoRpS
Laura
You a leader of our project no doubt about that
I have never seen Tamiyas Ausf.B being build before and I must say it really looks nice. Might get one some day as well.

Nice progress on your kit, smooth.

Chris

.................................................. ......

StuG III Ausf.G DML Smart Kit - Dec 1942 Production Initial StuG III G - Russia 1942/43 - PA Group Build
StuG IV DML Smart Kit - 2. Kompanie Panzerjäger-Abteilung Brandenburg /1. Jäger-Rgt. "Brandenburg" - Poland 1945

.................................................. ......
Old 02-12-2008, 01:49 PM
vBench

So at least some of the interior is actually visible. I didnt think your were going to see that much.

Keep it coming.

Cheers

"Bet Kinder bet, morgen kommt der Schwede.
Der Schwede der kommt mit dem morgenstern,
Er frist die kleine Kinder gern."
Old 02-12-2008, 04:21 PM
vBench

Location: Somewhere near polarbears, reindeers and Santa let loose on Arctic circle..
Laura. Nice progress!

But hey Laura. I have heard that you should paint floor with greygreen(as I did mine).

Still Laura, I looks great.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:02 PM
vBench

Laura

Can't wait to see more. Have decided on what unit this Stug will be attached to?

I'm regretting not picking up this kit when they were going for $15 at a LHS recently.

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:35 AM
vBench

thanx guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfRiKaKoRpS View Post
I have never seen Tamiyas Ausf.B being build before and I must say it really looks nice. Might get one some day as well.
it's a beautiful kit so far, you definitely should get one some day!

btw.: /me still got a SiG 33 auf Pz. III in my stash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkoH View Post
I have heard that you should paint floor with greygreen(as I did mine).
WHAT? WTF? ... damn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lquah View Post
Have decided on what unit this Stug will be attached to?

I'm regretting not picking up this kit when they were going for $15 at a LHS recently.
up to now i want to attach it to StuGAbt. 197 if i will succeed in printing out decals ... if not i will use one of the proposals of tamiya but don't know wich one yet (maybe the StuGAbt. with the edelweiss as insignia)

if you see this kit for a bargain again take it ... fairly basic with not so much parts but veryvery good quality (and still - the working suspension still amazes me most)

cheers
Old 02-13-2008, 07:15 AM
vBench

very nice start, hope to see more in the near future, Laura
Old 02-13-2008, 01:14 PM
vBench

merci bien benjamin!

to make it short - this was the %#*&§ day of this year so far in all aspects ... but here i will mention the modelling aspects only: i noticed knock out marks on the most visible parts after having painted (had thought that they wouldn't be visible after fitting in place - hahaaaa, what a good laugh! crap!), the little h0 gauge brass chains absolutely didn't want to be glued in place and drove me insanely crazy! crap!), i noticed a bigger problem area and don't know what to do there (pic further down - need your advice guys! ... crap!), the front tow hooks didn't fit (crap!) and last but very not least after cleaning of my badger100 while reassembling the thread of the cone broke off and stuck in the ab main body ... now i have to order a new cone - and to complete the fun badger changed the part numbers for ordering so now i don't know yet which part i will have to order and wait for the answer of my ab supplier (turbocrap!) ...

okay i got three ab's but the badger100gfx is my working horse and i really like the work with it (am most used to that ab)

crap!

progress so far:

what should i do with that ugly spot behind the gun mantle? cover it with some plastic or derivate? what is the real thing looking like? ... damn! crap! ... :

the broken cone with disassembled nozzle ... crap! ... :

the only thing that will bring me to laugh now is an insane french movie (love french movies!) with jean reno and/or gérard depardieu ... and a beer with steak!

cheers

EDIT: p.s.: i am wondering what wonderful surprises the dml "StuIG 33 auf Pz. 3" will bring me *sigh*

Last edited by Kreighshoer; 02-13-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:10 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreighshoer View Post
the only thing that will bring me to laugh now is an insane french movie (love french movies!) with jean reno and/or gérard depardieu ... and a beer with steak!
Ok that explain a lot of things MDR, you have nice habits which movie ?

concerning the gun mantlet, i find few things - not really picture of the Stug B but will probably help

- First The Aber point of view (see the PDF instructions on this link)

http://aber.net.pl/detal/desc/sturmg...b_c_d_0862380/
http://aber.net.pl/detal/desc/sturmg...ior_090205018/

will be helpful if you plan to scratch somethings

And some finish stug, you can see that it seems to have some piece of tissue and also the mounting part :

Of course, this is on G model but i think that i doesn't evolved a lot :

Old 02-13-2008, 02:26 PM
vBench

thanxalot benjamin!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
Ok that explain a lot of things MDR, you have nice habits which movie ?
it's impossible NOT to love french movies

maybe "tais-toi!" or "vidocq" or "les visiteurs" or "wasabi" ... we will see and decide together which one (i am not at home any more, i am at my friends computer ... and i bet a whole month of not modelling that we will watch "les visiteurs" although i am for "wasabi" )

cheers