Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 12-08-2006, 09:04 PM
vBench

good progress, and cool map!
Old 12-09-2006, 02:32 AM
vBench

Pretty good Chad. And that table is pretty sweet!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-09-2006, 07:51 AM
vBench

Look great...Chad...keep the great work coming.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-09-2006, 10:07 AM
vBench

Send a message via AIM to chadperkins
Unit

Still havn't decided on any markings... At this point I'm strongly considering leaving it unmarked except for crosses and unit insignia. These pics are kinda what I'm looking at. They are a mixed bag with some early A's some are later ones but all appear to have tracks hanging on the turret sides. I have been told this is in Hungary around april 1944 and that the unit is the 1st Abteilung PzRgt 6 which was attached to the 130th Pz Lehr division. Given the mixed nature of these tanks, I am even considering throwing on some befehl gear. What do you guys think? Any differing opinions on the unit or any specifics on the befehls attached to this unit which would keep me from doing that?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	save0008kw6.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	516  
Attached Images

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-09-2006, 03:39 PM
vBench

Chad

Are you just looking for Panthers with track links on the turret sides? Or in Hungary as well?

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-09-2006, 04:40 PM
vBench

Well I have modelling the appearance of mine after these photographs of early and late A's with tracks on the turret sides. I believe these were taken in Hungary but I just wanted to check with you guys to see if anyone had any differing opinions on the subject. I didn't want to get some markings on it and then someone pops up and says this pic was taken in Italy or something! Obviously, I'm a long way from spraying anything on this one but it's never too early to start verifying your subject matter. I did mention, and am still interested in converting this to a befehl so if anyone has any reasons why this wouldn't be possible please sound off.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2006, 01:28 PM
vBench

Chad

Panzer Lehr was transferred to Hungary in early 19444 for further training but did not see much action in Hungary. It was then transfrred back to France where they engaged in battle at Caen, St Lo, Bastogne, Dinant, Remagen and the Ruhr pocket. The use of turret links on the turret for additional armor was quite common in Hungary. There is no reason why you can't build a befehlswagen.

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2006, 12:12 PM
vBench

Update....

Well, I've been away for a couple weeks so not much to report but I did make a bit of progress. I managed to get the travel lock completed and have attached one of the front fenders as well as the bosch light. The fender gap is filled with CA and sanded. I know it looks like a gap there still but there isn't. Havn't decided whether or not I want to leave off the other fender entirely........ I have also finished up the drivers vision port on the front plate. I looked over the aber parts and really couldn't see anything that I considered to be an upgrade from the kit parts as far as what was visible from the ouside. From the actual photo references you guys provided, the pieces look to be well done. I have ordered some moskit exhaust but havn't received them yet. I will have to have these in before getting on with the rear. I am still debating whether I should convert this to a befehl or not. Any thoughts. I am planning to have it without turret numbers anyway since the spare track links will be covering them. A simple unit insignia on the front plate and some artistic license and there you go...... I have a spare base for the rear antenna mount from a tiger models conversion set for the tiger tank so I would be able to address that part fairly.... What other mods would I have to make to pull that off. I have seen some A's with the extra antenna storage on the side just below the cleaning rod tube. Was that a feature of all of the ausf A befehls? Any other obvious oversights that I'm not thinking of. Again, not definate, I'm just throwing the idea out there....... Love to hear your thoughts on the subject or my build to this point.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newweb5.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	559   Click image for larger version

Name:	newweb3.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	560   Click image for larger version

Name:	neweb4.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	561   Click image for larger version

Name:	newweb1.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	562   Click image for larger version

Name:	newweb2.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	563  

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2006, 12:38 PM
vBench

Another good update. This panther is really looking good.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:26 PM
vBench

close up pics of the german afv clevis anyone?

I am putting one of my clevis' up on the front in one of the tow hooks. Now, I need some insight into how these things actually worked. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the center piece on the clevis rotate to allow it to fit over a tow cables or tow hook. Anyone have a pic of one of these where you can actually tell how it works...... I have cut the center piece off of mine and was just about to put it back on the front tow hook and leave the center piece turned a bit for no other reason other than it's appealing to my eye to see it turned rather than straight, but I wanted to be sure this is how they actually worked before I did something strange with my model!
Reply With Quote top