Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 05-18-2006, 01:43 PM
vBench

Hi all!

Yes! Got a vBench too

Posted this one on twenot and ML and i thought it would be nice to post it here too.

It's AFV's YPR 765 dutch version wich will recieve an allmost full scratchbuilt interior. The only thing wich will be left out is the engine. I'm not going to open any of the engine hatches so there's no point in building the engine for this one.

First thing i started with was the floor, the seats for the infantry and the engine compartment walls.

The enginecompartment walls have received a bit more detail since this was built, but i made some incorrect detail on this. So i made a new one with the correct detail. It's not yet finished(just got the photographs today), but pictures will be posted when it is finished.

This is a thing(don't know the name of it) wich is positioned at the left side of the driver.

And here it is in place.

The battery locker

The 25mm ammolocker. This has more detail now then on this picture. More detail can be seen in the pictures below.

And the parts on there positions

The clamps for the diemaco guns on the ammolocker were made using the following method. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.

And the result

It's nothing more than stacking pieces of brass rod and strips of evergreen and securing them with tape and bending the pieces in the correct shape.

The radio's used in the YPR are RT9500. as far as i know these are not availeble in any kit or AM set. So i had to build them myself. Since i needed two of these i made one master and casted a few in resin.

The master

And some of the resin copy's

At that moment i was quite satisfied with the radio's. there are a few airbubbles in the radio's but i managed to cast two radio's without airbubbles on the instrument pannel. That's just my lack of expertise on casting with resin. Since then i learnt a few tricks to make better resin copy's of the radio. Also i received better photographs of the redio and i will make a new master. And if all goes well, i will make a small productionrun of these radio's.

as i said two radio's were needed for the YPR. Here they are built in the radiorack.

And the part in its place

This week i built the feultank walls. Not all the detail is yet fitted on the parts. The feullines and the electrical wiring needs to be built. This will be done when all the interior parts are finished and everything can be gleued in place.

The grenadeholders were made using thin brass sheet wich i cut with the sciccors on the picture.

Then i folded the part and added a bit more detail like bolts, the three things in the picture of wich i don't know the english word :lol: and the strap to hold the grenades in place.

Again there was a part of wich i don't know the name(i'm not even sure if it's got a name)

And all the parts in place

Since there's almost no information on the internet for the interior of this vehicle i had to make a few photographs myself. Thanks t a dutch army sergeant first class i was able to take about 175 photographs of the interior. And still not enough

Now it's time for me to work further on the enginecompartment walls

Regards,

Richard
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2006, 04:47 PM
vBench

Quite an extensive build there.

Siim

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2006, 08:29 PM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
Richard,

Very nice work. I saw this on ML yesterday. Glad to see more photos of the build, and welcome to the Planet.

Larry

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-19-2006, 07:54 AM
vBench

I have seen this gem in real and it's va ery clean and correct build (almost like an operation room :lol: )

Cheers,

Bas
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-19-2006, 02:53 PM
vBench

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments

Regards,

Richard
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-23-2006, 01:41 PM
vBench

Today i finished the enginecompartiment walls. as i made a small mistake on one of the walls(it should have two accespanels instead of one) i had to rebuilt it. And as i was not quite satisfied with the other wall...i rebuilt that one two.

Most of the brass was made using thin brass sheet.

This is the wall wich needed two accespanels instead of one

The driverscontrols. these were made using the AFV handles slightly rebuilt.

And the parts in place.

There's still some wiring to be added, but this will happen when every interior part is finished and everything will be gleud in place.

Regards,

Richard
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-24-2006, 06:56 AM
vBench

Hello Richard,

What a progress. Do you bring these gems tomorrow to our rendevous point at the van limburg stirumstraat

Cheers,
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-24-2006, 06:59 AM
vBench

Richard,

that's some very good scratchbuilding

Keep us posted of the progress..

-Ambjoern
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-24-2006, 07:33 AM
vBench

Send a message via MSN to djiti
you are crazy !!!!!!!

good work and so original !
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-24-2006, 08:05 AM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
Richard,

It may be possible that I understated my appreciation for your fine scratch building skills. Those radios are fine pieces.

Very, very nice! :lol:

Larry

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top