Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 07-30-2008, 08:03 AM
vBench

I like the face of the TC, It's like he was looking something very nice "over there" (for example the sun going down on the horizon), very nice

The Music
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-02-2008, 07:49 PM
vBench

Very good model, I like it!

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-03-2008, 12:50 PM
vBench

Send a message via AIM to chadperkins
Thanks for the comments guys. This was my first actual build on here from start to finish and I must say that it adds to the enjoyment of the hobby to be able to do this. It's always fun to look at people's finished products but to watch as they progress through the stages of building and painting has truly opened a whole new world of modelling. On another note, I am somewhat surprised that noone bit on my "mystery kit" tease a few posts back in this thread. I have a pretty unusual subject that I am gathering bits to start on. Should have the kit by mid week and I'll be sure to post it. I'm going to need a lot of input from you guys to make some decisions on it. It's going to be a fun one......
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-28-2013, 01:26 PM
vBench

hey Chad...this thing is awesome. What did you use for the zimmerit? A cheat is only a cheat to the guy who didnt think of it first! It looks great if I could borrow your technique. You might be getting alot questions from me in the weeks to come
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2013, 10:17 AM
vBench

Send a message via AIM to chadperkins
i have never been able to do that pattern to any satisfaction so i cheated as well. it's cavalier. quick note on this stuff.... the patterns are usually really nice, the problem is when you just put them on and don't address all of the seam lines and joints between parts. i went around all of the model to zimm joints with small amounts of ca glue multiple times and sanded smooth until there was no seam and then all of the zimmerit to zimmerit panel joints were worked the same way and then textured a bit with Mr. surfacer as needed to replace the sanded details. paint check and recheck. that's why it looks dirty, i painted around the seams a few times to be sure that i hadn't missed anything. if you take your time and get rid of all of the joints that would give it away, the stuff looks great in my opinion and noone will say "oh that's resin zimmerit" because they won't be able to tell! the only part i did on my own was behind the mantlet on the sides. i can kinda pull off that pattern but not confident enough in it to try it on a whole model. i don't mind raking ie: panzer IV's and such but this one always gets me.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2013, 10:32 AM
vBench

why would you call that cheating? it's great work! you did really nice job with that
Reply With Quote top