Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 08-06-2005, 03:24 PM
vBench

One of my many stalled projects: Ferdinands...
First is DML almost ootb as Aber gun barrel added. If I just had known then that there will be Trumpeter also, I wouldn't have wasted barrel to this inferior model This model also suffered some damage as my son really wanted to play with it. I'll have to repair rear idler which he chewed to pieces. Tracks are awful in this so I'm not really sure what to do with this. Maybe I'll make a small dio with both of these in mine field or something

First coat of paint with Humbrol mix. As you can see not all road wheels are painted. Nice to notice from pictures. Green camo was with Tamiya Dark Green. It worked quite well but there is very small drops everywhere. Hopefully it can be fixed with filter or wash.

Here is the other Ferdie. Trumpeter's very nice looking model. Main problem is as is with DML, plain fenders. Part has PE set that has correct fenders.
Here I have started with first fender. I did some painting beforehand to prevent problems as noted with DML.

As always commenting preferred,

Niko
Old 08-07-2005, 06:55 AM
vBench

Hi Niko,

I had the Ferdinard from DML also ...are the Part's PE set can fix with DML's...I know the part's is for the Trumpeter kit...
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2005, 02:56 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally posted by Flak@Aug 7 2005, 06:55 AM
Hi Niko,

I had the Ferdinard from DML also ...are the Part's PE set can fix with DML's...I know the part's is for the Trumpeter kit...
Hi,
for some reason Eduard and Part both have sets only for Trumpeter version. I haven't done any comparing but most of the stuff could be used. Fenders of course are the most interesting part. Anyway, I'd rather not waste too much time on DML as it was one of their first 1/72 tanks and it has lot of shortcomings and errors.
I decided to it ootb and use my energy to Trumpeter version. If I remember correctly DML announced a "Pro" version from Ferd or Elefant with indly tracks and metal barrel?

Niko
Old 08-07-2005, 08:59 PM
vBench

Agreed with you...Don't waste the time on DML's Ferdinand...It was in toy standard ...I will go to get one Trumpeter and the Parts in near future...

I had the "Pro" version of Elephant from DML...the tracks are came with both individual links & the vinyl one...also included a small PE frat (Contain some tools, Storage Case and the Latches)...NO Martal Barrel
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-10-2005, 02:52 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally posted by Flak@Aug 7 2005, 08:59 PM
I had the "Pro" version of Elephant from DML...the tracks are came with both individual links & the vinyl one...also included a small PE frat (Contain some tools, Storage Case and the Latches)...NO Martal Barrel
Sorry, my mistake. There was no metal barrel in "Pro"version.

Niko