Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 12-08-2005, 11:38 PM
vBench

I started this kit tonight. Got a little done. PE not here yet. Should have been today :angry: . Oh well maybe tomarrow or Saturday.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2005, 11:49 PM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
Nic e,

that s also on the list

Larry

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-09-2005, 02:59 AM
vBench

What brand of PE you are waiting for...I also waiting the Aber sets to start mine...
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-09-2005, 06:25 AM
vBench

Flak,

I am going to use the Voyager sets:

35045. Sd.Kfz.251 Ausf.D Basic Type (DRA)
35043. Sd.Kfz.251 Ausf.D w/75mm KwK37 (DRA)

Lot of bang for your buck or PE in this case . Has floor pan, resin tires, tools and seems a lot of PE for $16.75.

modelpoint

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-09-2005, 08:41 AM
vBench

Hi Mike,

What is the Voyager's Floor Plate look like? Are the pattern for the Floor look good?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-09-2005, 10:44 AM
vBench

Not sure. It has not come in yet . It should have been here yesterday. Hoping it will be there when I get home today.

Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-09-2005, 09:47 PM
vBench

Got the wheels done tonight. And started the tracks. What is eazy about EZ tracks?
Geeeeeee

Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-09-2005, 11:13 PM
vBench

Quote:
Originally posted by mnickolson@Dec 9 2005, 09:47 PM
Got the wheels done tonight. And started the tracks. What is eazy about EZ tracks?
There's no sprue to cut them from, which means nothing gets in the way of the fun time you'll have filling and sanding all those pin marks! I took one look at those and said no thanks...
It's looking good so far Mike. Keep it up.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2005, 12:45 AM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
Hi Mike,

I think your wheels look great. As for the tracks, have you seen my sbs on Sherman MK tracks? It's inside my M-36 build. I think you'll see what I mean. Not to burst your bubble or anything but if you glued your outside wheels together, I would suggest trying to pull them apart asap as you won't be able to put them all on. What I mean is the inside one goes on first then the middle, or double wheel, THEN the outside wheel. Thats why they're called interleaved. If you haven't glued them together, then disregard my whole rambling.

Larry

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2005, 06:40 AM
vBench

While glueing the inner and outer wheels together may not have been a very good idea, hope is not all lost. One way to mount the wheels, may be to line up the wheels in the interleaved fashion, keeping the wheels together with tape along the wheel edges, laying them on the table with hub caps down. Then I think it would be possible to "thread" the suspension arms down into the wheels. Or maybe an easier way, is to put the vehicle on the side, and try to apply the taped-together wheels to the suspension. If the glue has set, I'd rather try this, than to try to pry them apart.

Keep us posted on developments!

Arild
Reply With Quote top