Old 08-02-2008, 03:28 AM
vBench

Send a message via Yahoo to watanabe
DML 1/35 New Panther F Questions

Hi, Gents!
I have questions about DML 1/35 New Panther F.

These photos are released by DML. Are there the grounds of these details?
Yes, of corse, I know there is description about sliding driver’s hatch in Motor buch Verlug “Der Panzer-Kampfwagen PANTHER und Seine Abarten”.
But I want to know the information that DML was based on to make these details.
Please tell me if anyone know this information.

Thanks, regards,

yasuyuki watanabe

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-02-2008, 12:26 PM
vBench

Check Jentz and Doyle's Panther Tank-Quest for Combat Supremacy. These features can be seen in Doyle's drawings and in the photos of captured Ausf F turrets from the Daimler Benz plant.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-02-2008, 04:08 PM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to sharkmouth Send a message via AIM to sharkmouth Send a message via MSN to sharkmouth Send a message via Yahoo to sharkmouth Send a message via Skype™ to sharkmouth
Watanbe-san;

The best reference now is the Panzer Tracts volume. Tom Jentz told me that the information supersedes that in the book Panther Tank - The Quest for Combat Supremacy. I will see what it states.

Regards,

Saúl García
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
It is why it is called The Present!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-03-2008, 05:27 AM
vBench

Details of the hatches

I think what Watanabe-san wanted to ask was how authentic these hatch in the Dragon kit are.

We know a new commander's cupola was installed on Schmalturm. but, how the inside of the commander's hatch looked like? Is there any photos or plans showing details?

According to Panzer Tracts 5-4, "New design for the hatch for the driver and radio operator. To open the hatch, the cover was slightly raised and then moved to the side." No text and drawings in Panzer Tracts shows the shape of the hatches, and the mechanisms to "raise and then move the hatch to the side".

Maybe Dragon found other reference to shed some light on these hatches. Or maybe Dragon had to make reasoned guess, because there is no more info than in available reference.

Kazutaka
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-03-2008, 05:31 PM
vBench

Send a message via Yahoo to watanabe
>Evan-san, Saúl-san
Thank you very much for your information. I’m sorry I was lacking in explanation.
Kazutaka-san said the real intention of my question. Panther F is not exist now, so I think it to be no help for it・・・DML had to make reasoned guess. But if DML found other reference on these hatches, I and my Japanese friends want to know the new reference for burying The Missing Links.
Thanks again for your information, and please tell me If you discover the new reference that DML based on.

>kazutaka-san
Arigatou gozaimasita!! Thank you very much for your kindness to help my poor explanation.

Reply With Quote top