Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > New Members, you must Post here first . Introduce yourself or just say hello.

New Members, you must Post here first . Introduce yourself or just say hello. Attention: Newly Registered Members (with a post count of 0), you must make a post in here first before the forum software lets you post in other forums (processing time takes up to an hour). This is to help reduce spambot activity in the other forums.

Old 12-27-2005, 08:10 PM
vBench

Quote:

Welcome aboard Jackal, hope you don't mind but I want to use your post to start a new thread where people new and old to the site can introduce themselves. Thanks, Panzerfaust.
P.S. For info on vBench, picture hosting- go to staff in News section and get admin members, get a hold of Gordy

ACHTUNG!
This thread is not meant to have reply's added to someone posting their introduction. The reason I want to have it this way is so when people scoll down in the future, they can read each person's introduction without any distraction. If you wish to respond and welcome the person-do so with another of their early posts. Perhaps some of you don't agree. Trust me this can be a really cool thing when you get a few of these in a row.
Your co-operation will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Hello everyone!

I've been perusing various modelling websites over the holidays and found this wonderful site! I can already see that I will be able to learn lots and lots from all of the talented modellers here! :lol:

I am a 35 year old technical writer living in Spring Hill, Tennessee (about 40 miles south of Nashville). My wife and I just had our first child three weeks ago, and I will be working from home now, so I am hoping to be able to get back into one of my favorite past-times - modelling!!

It's been almost 10 years since I was active in the hobby, so I will have to get back into the swing of things One of the things I hope to become proficient at is airbrushing and weathering - something I haven't done much of before.

If they have time, could someone please tell me how to get set up with the vBench, and how to go about posting to it? Are the pictures hosted locally?

Anyway, take care... hopefully I'll soon be able to contribute to this wonderful community!! :lol:

Cheers!

Jackal
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2005, 09:14 AM
Brokeneagle

Welcome.
I am also a new member to the site. It was recomended to me by a current member - Sam Dwyer.
I am 42 and have been modelling for about 35 years but still have plenty to learn from some of the great talent I have seen displayed here. I spent nearly 5 years in the Army in the mid 80's which only made things worse. My only overseas model trip was to Mastercon 2 in 1993 and left my dio in the VLS museum there [which I think is now closed].
I had A break from modelling for 2-3 years in 2000 while I sold and moved house. Spent 2004 getting my hand back in with a lot of OOB'S and slightly modified. I am working my way back into the brass again and will try soldering following Sam's 'tute'.
Also finally got a digital Camera in July 04.
I love armour models , especially German, but do build US stuff as well, when I have something go wrong with me from time to time. I also enjoy the odd plane [1/32]and sub [u-boats only] and 'delve into the dirty side of sci-fi 'as well sometimes [as you can see by my avatar] .
I am really enjoying this site and feel that it has some great features that cannot be found elsewhere .......... you guys have a great thing going here.
Hi!
Brokeneagle
Old 01-19-2006, 09:07 AM
vBench

Hi Everyone !

I am a new member on this site .
I am a 29 yr old Forklift driver from Ballarat in Western Victoria ,Australia
. I work for McCains food Australia in the Coldstore where it gets too a lovely -36 degrees centigrade which is -33 fahrenheit.

I have been modelling for about 14 yrs but there has been a few breaks now and then . I pretty much only build AFV`s and the occasional 1:24 rally car .

Other than modelling my other two passions are fly fishing and doing Trackdays on my YZF R1 .

Thanks for Reading ,
Plushy

An oldie but not so much a goody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf4xwsZEpus
Morris Minor and the Majors `Stutter Rap `
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-20-2006, 01:16 AM
vBench

Location: I know a guy who sells t-shirts at a nearby location to Willy's grave.
Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Bates
Hi all,
Since this thing is relatively new, I'll add my introduction as well.

I'm a 47 year old artist/Illustrator,self employed, soon to be an employee of a large architectural firm in Southern California, US.

I, like many people modeled when I was a kid, I've been back into the hobby for about 8 years now. When I was a kid, I built cars. When I got back into it I built 1/48 scale planes, WWII and early jets, and some modern. THEN, I stumbled across tanks and loved the creativeness that the weathering added to the models and was hooked.

This is the best site I've come across, and seems to be growing fast. I wish PA and its sister sites all the best. I hope that no matter how popular it gets it'll always be a friendly little place to share our models with everyone.

Larry

Opening Laz's World on Ice next summer, no franchises. Just cold ice, and figure skaters, ring side bar service.

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-20-2006, 10:32 AM
vBench

Hello,

Just signed in as a new member and open up my V-bench!!!

This is a very interesting community, so I'm really happy of being part of it.

Addressed here by Ian Hill, whom I thank for the hint!

I'm 45, married, no children; I live in Bologna, a medium size city in the northern part of Italy.

I started this great hobby a couple of years ago, after doing some modelling, mostly aviation 1/72, in my youth.
I am really hooked up by 1:35 German WWII vehicles, almost all kind, even if I am more involved with mid to late eastern front big AFVs.
Still learning a lot, both on the historical and technical aspects...

See you all around here!!

Luca Tolomelli
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-22-2006, 04:54 PM
vBench

I joined a couple years ago, but just really started posting. Hopefully I've got my V-Bench pic problems solved.
I've been at the hobby pretty steady for 35 years, I spent 23 years in the U.S.Army. Sort of did all the combat arms things, Infantry, Artillery. Armor, also Signal for several years. I crewed M1IP's and M1A1's. Served all over the world, twice, lol.
If you take a look at my V-Bench, you can tell Modern is pretty much my thing. Good to see traffic picking up here. There is some outstanding work on this site.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-22-2006, 05:07 PM
vBench

Hello all,
I have been a member for awhile. Never posted much and fell into a builders block. The hobby lost it's fun and I was suffering. But thanks to some very good friends and a caring wife I'm back at it, I hope to have my V-Bench soon to share some pics. I check the site often and have seen many of the names here before. hope I can help or add to the info here and help others. I think this site is on the way to being something big and i'm glad I can be a part of it. I'm 42 love armor always have love doing figures and dio's. Married to a great girl who loves the hobby and helps me through the hard times in it. Hope to get to know most if not all of you here. Regards Brock Hopkins III
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-23-2006, 11:51 AM
vBench

Hello All,
Long time lurker, but thanks to some 'gentle prodding' from Sam and Stuke, finally got around to registering and getting a Vbench. I just turned 40 last November, and am currently an at-home Father of two girls, 4 and 6. Apparently I will be going back to work once they are both in Primary school, so says my Wife Most recent jobs have been Industrial Security (at large Esso Refinery) and a Provincial Park Ranger before that. We live just West of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada on a small acerage. I'm lucky enough to be part of a good group of Armour nuts in the area including Ron Volstad, Tom Cockle and Gary Edmundson, which sure helps provide the inspiration to build.
I've been building models for as long as I can remember, say since I was 8 or 10 years old. Went through an aircraft stage (1/72 jets), still have quite a few unbuilts in the collection. Armour interests are mostly Modern subjects, but like the Commonwealth stuff too (I think I have most of the Sherman kits ever made!). As my Wife is Finnish, and having been to Parola a few times, I've got a bit of a thing for Finnish armour as well.
I've written a few articles for Military In Scale magazine in the past, and have done masters for HobbyFan (Cougar) and more recently doing stuff for Maple Leaf Models. Been lucky enough to make it to AMPS Nationals in 2001/02 and Euro Militaire in 2004. With any luck, will get to Euro this year.

Cheers,
Jim
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-23-2006, 07:02 PM
vBench

Gday all,
Hi im number 475, ive been here since March 05, well thats when I registered. Im Sam, from Melbourne, Australia. I think Stuke is to blame for me coming over, well ill blame him anyway. What also attracted me to this site was the opportunity to post my s-b-s work in progress up without having the post disappear in the blink of an eye like on ML.

Ive been modelling for years, started building Matchbox Lancs and Wellies (theyre aircraft), then graduated to 72nd tanks before hitting the big time. The first 35th scale kit I built was Tamiya's wicked old King Tiger.

Ive written 1 and a 1/4 books for Osprey publishing, on the Marder, and on the T55. Was lucky enough to attend Euro Militaire in Folkestone England in 2003. ALso had the chance to visit as many tank museums as humanly possible, which was a total thrill. Funny what can happen to a grown man when in the presence of German armor (ahem tiger shagging incident)

Im into all sorts of modelling, but mostly German armour. Having said that i'll tackle anything that tickles my fancy, ive got a Swedish STRV 122 and a F1 2000 Ferrari on the go as well.

A few of my partners in crime here are Willy Nailor, Brokeneagle (Hilly) and Mic Bradshaw, all Melbournites, all armor modellers.

Glad to be part of this community,
Sam
Old 01-23-2006, 08:42 PM
vBench

Woah woah woah... I am seeing a bit too much of the blame game around here!!

I am member #40 (old school baby!) and like many here joined up as I thought the vBench was a sweet tool to share our modeling work with.

I am 31 (yikes!), live in Washington State, USA where we have been the happy recipients of forty straight days with rain! One would think all those rainy days would be conducive to modeling but alas it is not so. I started modeling when I was about seven and quit about one day into it after nearly cutting my thumb off with our kitchen knife (uhh this was before the Tamiya sprue cutter things). I got back into it at the age of thirteen or so, then discovered that girls were changing and I liked looking at them better then modeling.

So another hiatus through college, a stint as an Abrams crewmember, and then some party years. Then I stopped by my old model shop about six years ago and picked up the DML Panzer II and had a blast. But like most around here, my stash grows a bit faster then the finished models in the cupboard.

My favs are WW II German and modern Soviet stuff. But I will build just about anything if it looks "neat". I even have some Star Wars stuff sitting around and a few Subaru rally cars. But you will never see a plane on my workbench!!
Reply With Quote top